PDA

View Full Version : New Design -- Homeworld Defender

CPMcGraw
05-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Only a little vac-formed plastic this time, just a canopy and some wing pods. The rest is good, olde-fashioned craftsman construction.

After cobbling this one up, I put the C6-5 into the simulation and immediately the Dv came out at about 1.6 FPS. Then I tried the B6-4, and got nearly the same result. Blew me away. I trimmed out some additional microgrammage from the vac plastic parts, and ran the sims again. The C6 was even better, and the others are still well into the safe and comfortable zones.

The two wing pods are custom-sized, so you'll need to either lathe out your own pull masters, or talk to Carl or Sandman about cutting a set of ogives in hardwood.

Enjoy!

Mark II
05-21-2009, 10:26 PM
The two wing pods are custom-sized, so you'll need to either lathe out your own pull masters, or talk to Carl or Sandman about cutting a set of ogives in hardwood.

Enjoy!Or scavenge them from your re-issued Interceptor? :eek:

MarkII

Mark II
05-21-2009, 10:37 PM
...The rest is good, olde-fashioned craftsman construction....Is that legal? (Still??)

Why, back in my day............

............we had to cut out our own fins, and cut down body tubes for our builds, and shape our own balsa parts...

and we LIKED it! :chuckle:

(Balsa? What type of plastic is that? Is it anything like expanded styrene???)

MarkII

CPMcGraw
05-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Is that legal? (Still??)

Why, back in my day............

............we had to cut out our own fins, and cut down body tubes for our builds, and shape our own balsa parts...

and we LIKED it! :chuckle:

(Balsa? What type of plastic is that? Is it anything like expanded styrene???)

MarkII

You been hangin' around with Bill E (Wallyum) too long! You're startin' to sound a LOT like him! :D

(Oh, sorry Bill... Didn't see you standing there... :o )

Gah, expanded styrene...

If this were a wing core for a large RC model, it might be acceptable...

You just reminded me of something I saw at the LHS: Balsa Foam...

(Crickets chirping...)

Mark II
05-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Whose homeworld are we defending? :confused:

MarkII