PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what this is?

SEL
06-27-2009, 12:17 AM
I've never seen it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p2759.l1259&item=320388314422&viewitem=&salenotsupported

Sean

Royatl
06-27-2009, 01:22 AM
Someone mentioned earlier in the year that Estes occasionally kitted the plans published in the Model Rocket News.

That looks like a multi stage rocket I remember with BT-60 sized boosters. I'll have to look it up.

Bob Kaplow
06-27-2009, 07:12 AM
More likely something kitted by a local hobby shop rather than by Estes.

mikeyd
06-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Just a wag here, but this looks like the parts for the stuffer tube/cluster mount for the early K-36 Saturn V. I do not see the a nose cone, and when they offered the D engine mount for the K-36 it was in a seperate package. Any Idea what the chute size is, that is in this, and how many? If there are 2-24", and 1 12" it would seem to fit this as well. Seeing the two "bt-60ish" size tube, if one fits inside the other, it would lend to this as well, as the K-36 was made to have changeable motor mount from cluster to the D.

Rocketcrab
06-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Just a wag here, but this looks like the parts for the stuffer tube/cluster mount for the early K-36 Saturn V. I do not see the a nose cone, and when they offered the D engine mount for the K-36 it was in a seperate package. Any Idea what the chute size is, that is in this, and how many? If there are 2-24", and 1 12" it would seem to fit this as well. Seeing the two "bt-60ish" size tube, if one fits inside the other, it would lend to this as well, as the K-36 was made to have changeable motor mount from cluster to the D.

I had one of those D-engine adapters for the K-36, and it was in a much smaller package and did not contain much more that the two small tubes.

I was tempted to put in a bid for this, but then I figured it was just a collection of old Estes parts that wound it's way into a bag and sealed by someone. I don;t recognize it as anything Estes ever kitted.

mikeyd
06-27-2009, 09:43 AM
I had one of those D-engine adapters for the K-36, and it was in a much smaller package and did not contain much more that the two small tubes.

I was tempted to put in a bid for this, but then I figured it was just a collection of old Estes parts that wound it's way into a bag and sealed by someone. I don;t recognize it as anything Estes ever kitted.

I was not implying this was the D mount kit, just making reference to it, that it was individually bagged like this. I believe this to be a "parts" bag out of the original k-36 kit, that includes the stuffer tube, and 3 engine mount kit.

rokitflite
06-27-2009, 12:40 PM
I was not implying this was the D mount kit, just making reference to it, that it was individually bagged like this. I believe this to be a "parts" bag out of the original k-36 kit, that includes the stuffer tube, and 3 engine mount kit.

Very good call... I'm with you on this.

Royatl
06-27-2009, 12:47 PM

yea, I could go with this.

In fact, after looking at it again, I'm almost certain that's what it is... there appear to be two 24" chutes and a 12" chute. And there appears to be a large card of centering rings. If the seller could just add a picture of the back. I just sent him a request to do so.

Rocketcrab
06-27-2009, 12:53 PM

My apologies, I must have misread your post. :o

Royatl
06-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Also, the seller has another auction of a Centuri Lil' Hustler along with "other parts" among which are the plastic parts, decals, and some of the wraps from a K-36 kit. So the seller is obviously not that clued in on what he has.

mikeyd
06-27-2009, 02:13 PM
My apologies, I must have misread your post. :o

No apologies necessary, I am just not always good at making clear statements, and felt I needed to clarify it. :)

Ltvscout
07-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Holy Crapoly. $501 for a Farside-X?!? This is from the same seller that was selling the K-36 parts bag. Look at what that went for as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320388309379

Intruder
07-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Holy Crapoly. $501 for a Farside-X?!? This is from the same seller that was selling the K-36 parts bag. Look at what that went for as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320388309379
That's crazy. Especially for something as easily cloned as a Astron Farside-X.

scigs30
07-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Both bought by 9***K. I must say thanks to him my rocket savings is increasing.

gerryfortin
07-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Indeed 9***K is setting new pricing records daily! It's become difficult to determine what is realistic pricing these days. I wonder how long 9***K will maintain this pace?