PDA

View Full Version : Semroc Trident?

foose4string
07-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Has anyone else noticed the Trident xKit is available from Semroc now? :)

Semroc Trident (http://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts/RocketKits.asp?SKU=XES-K33)

Jimid123
07-18-2009, 02:16 PM

Hi, Yes, I just order two of them. Thanks, Jimi

motley16
07-18-2009, 02:51 PM

GREAT just ordered mine. semroc rocks :)

mycrofte
07-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Ehnn... It's ok. I've been working on one like that. Only, I was making mine brown, with UPS logos on the fins. Interstellar Delivery!

sandman
07-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Ehnn... It's ok. I've been working on one like that. Only, I was making mine brown, with UPS logos on the fins. Interstellar Delivery!

That's just wrong. :rolleyes:

MKP
07-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Nooo! I just put in an order! I would got this if I had known! (kicks self for not paying attention :mad: )

sandman
07-18-2009, 09:57 PM
That was my first clone I built back in....I'm embarrassed to say...1989.

9 nose cones!

Back about 1999 when I was a Big Brother (my Little Brother is now 21 and in the Air Force) His first clone was the Bident (Trident II).

Only 7 nose cones.

stefanj
07-18-2009, 10:01 PM
I think everyone should thank me.

Every time I get together parts for a clone, in some cases hand-turning custom parts, Semroc goes and makes my efforts look foolish by releasing a kit.

Bastards! ;-)

Hey, did I tell everyone I'm cloning the Centuri Little Joe II? The fancy cluster version?

Mark II
07-18-2009, 10:24 PM

Every time I get together parts for a clone, in some cases hand-turning custom parts, Semroc goes and makes my efforts look foolish by releasing a kit.

Bastards! ;-)

Hey, did I tell everyone I'm cloning the Centuri Little Joe II? The fancy cluster version?
Thanks for the tip! I'll start putting some money aside for the Semroc version! :chuckle:

MarkII

Carl@Semroc
07-18-2009, 11:26 PM
This is just an xKit; a bag of parts to clone the original and not a full-blown kit!

It does not include the decals, but we have them in stock. We have had so many people ask for the parts as a set, we quietly released the xKit, knowing we were working on the kit for eventual release with full instructions and decals (and a higher price.)

Don't tell Sheryl I said this, but if you ask her for decals with the xKit, she will probably send you a set. But don't tell her I mentioned it!

Sharp eyes will see much more in the works over the next few weeks in preparation for NARAM.

Carl@Semroc
07-18-2009, 11:39 PM

Every time I get together parts for a clone, in some cases hand-turning custom parts, Semroc goes and makes my efforts look foolish by releasing a kit. Sorry, we usually pick up the signals from tbzep on what to release next. Now we are picking up your signals, too!

Hey, did I tell everyone I'm cloning the Centuri Little Joe II? The fancy cluster version?Nice try! That is one I wish we WERE doing because I never built the one we got during Semroc's early days. I still have the instructions so someone at Semroc must have ordered one.

motley16
07-19-2009, 08:17 AM
This is just an xKit; a bag of parts to clone the original and not a full-blown kit!

It does not include the decals, but we have them in stock. We have had so many people ask for the parts as a set, we quietly released the xKit, knowing we were working on the kit for eventual release with full instructions and decals (and a higher price.)

Don't tell Sheryl I said this, but if you ask her for decals with the xKit, she will probably send you a set. But don't tell her I mentioned it!

Sharp eyes will see much more in the works over the next few weeks in preparation for NARAM.
can anyone figure out what is around the bend for new kits at semroc? sharp eyes will tell us.

tbzep
07-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Sorry, we usually pick up the signals from tbzep on what to release next. Now we are picking up your signals, too!

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Initiator001
07-19-2009, 01:22 PM
can anyone figure out what is around the bend for new kits at semroc? sharp eyes will tell us.

I don't want to spoil Carl's fun but it does appear that at least one of the new kits is going to be STELLAR! ;)

Bob

Mark II
07-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Those who are in the know will never betray their sacred oath of secrecy, signed in blood. They could tell you, but then they would have to kill you.

MarkII

mycrofte
07-20-2009, 03:41 AM
I wondered what jobs those government guys took after shutting down the "distant viewing" projects.

chanstevens
07-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Nooo! I just put in an order! I would got this if I had known! (kicks self for not paying attention :mad: )

I think I've ordered 3-4 times in last two weeks, so missed this one multiple times. At this point, I'm afraid to order it for fear I'd have to admit to my wife I have an uncurable Semroc addiction. It might have to wait 'till NARAM or the release of the Saturn V, whichever comes first.