PDA

View Full Version : GEMINI TITAN Kit --Fins

BRC
08-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Since the Titian II didnt/doesnt have any fins, what color should I paint em, if the rocket itself is true to scale...(err so, to speak !!) My instructions dont cover painting the fin unit, just the static display engine unit...
Thanks guys...

Shreadvector
08-13-2009, 08:25 AM
Exactly which kit are you talking about? The original Estes kit had clear plastic fins on a clear plastic tube that could slide on for flight and off for display.

http://www.spacemodeling.org/JimZ/estes/k-21.pdf

Server problems at the moment, so keep trying.....

GregGleason
08-13-2009, 08:28 AM
Exactly which kit are you talking about?

I believe it is the Neubauer 4" OD GT.

Greg

BRC
08-13-2009, 09:04 AM
I believe it is the Neubauer 4" OD GT.

Greg

Yepper....

What color are the fins in any kit..?? (Other than clear)

GregGleason
08-13-2009, 09:49 AM
If it were me, I would say a matte, neutral blue-gray. That is so they would be hard to see while going up, so that it looks like one of the real GT flights.

But this is a "Dealer's Choice" situation. Your make the call.

Greg

BRC
08-13-2009, 10:29 AM
If it were me, I would say a matte, neutral blue-gray. That is so they would be hard to see while going up, so that it looks like one of the real GT flights.

But this is a "Dealer's Choice" situation. Your make the call.

Greg

I think, Ill paint em clear, so you cant see um....hehe :chuckle:

GregGleason
08-13-2009, 11:09 AM
I think, Ill paint em clear, so you cant see um....hehe :chuckle:

Ok. But you have to say that with a Carl Spackler (aka, Bill Murray) of "Caddyshack" voice. :D

Queue "Caddyshack" theme ...

BRC
08-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Exactly which kit are you talking about? The original Estes kit had clear plastic fins on a clear plastic tube that could slide on for flight and off for display.

http://www.spacemodeling.org/JimZ/estes/k-21.pdf

Server problems at the moment, so keep trying.....

Thanks for that website....Excellent Stuff

BRC
08-14-2009, 12:02 PM
All done cept the lugs, chute ...Would like to doa rail, but have never seen one up close...Anyone have a closeup pix of the button(s), lugs, on rockets side, then one of the rocket mounted on the rail...Thanks

Here is a pix of the Gemini, matches my garage floor....!! Its kinda small, as I dont know what size is allowed on the forum....