PDA

View Full Version : Even The Doctor Needs A Doctor

Rocket Doctor
09-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Hello Everyone

For the past three weeks now, I have been in the hospital and not on the computer, now, I am in rehab and will be here for another 10 days.

Yes, even the Doctor needs a doctor sometimes.

I had surgeery and ended up loosing my right foot, now, I am in the process of getting my life back on track, it will take about two months to get back to a somewhat normal life but, I will not let this get me down.

All my riocketry project have been placed on hold for now, and, this is the first time that I have had the opportunity to visit the forum.

I am using the computer at the rehab center, had many emails to go through, and, I am trying to catch up now.

I hope that everyone has enjoy aa great flying season and those who went to NARAM 51 had a great time.

I am planning on attending NARAM 52 next year in Pueblo, but, time will tell.

Best wishes to all.

RD

shockwaveriderz
09-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Ken, really sorry to hear this, but you will pull thru and be as strong as ever. I've had some serious issues tat I've been dealing with myself over the past year with no end in sight, so I know how you feel. keep a positive attitude and do whatever needs to be done. We will be here for you when you are well enough to participate with us again.

Terry Dean

Gus
09-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Ken,

I'm really sorry to hear this but am glad to know you are on the mend. Emma and my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Steve

mperdue
09-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Ken,

My wishes for a speedy recovery too.

Mario

Leo
09-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Ken, I was just about to write to you to see how you and Diana are doing.

I'm sorry to read about your situation but I'm quiet sure it will not dampen your spirits.

I'll see you again next year!

All the best and a quick recovery.

Rocket Doctor
09-13-2009, 01:24 PM
I want to Thank everyone for their kind words. Three weeks ago everything was just fine, then, this. You just never know what to expect from day to day.

I am lookinf forward to getting out of rehab and get my life back on track.

Thanks again to everyone.

Ken

Rocketflyer
09-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Speedy recovery, Ken. You'll pull through this. My best to you and Diana.

mycrofte
09-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your foot.

It might be tempting to build while convalescing, but glue and pain meds make for oddly built rockets...

Mark II
09-13-2009, 05:24 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your recent health problems, Ken. I hope and pray that you make a full and satisfactory recovery.

MarkII

stefanj
09-13-2009, 07:43 PM
Here's hoping for a quick recovery.

j.a.duke
09-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Ken,

Sorry to hear about everything. I hope you feel better soon.

We'll keep you and your family in our thoughts & prayers.

Cheers,
Jon

blackshire
09-13-2009, 09:00 PM
By still having a desire to even go on living after your loss, you have demonstrated that you are a better man than I, and one who has deeper personal reserves. Don't forget that you can also look to family and friends for support if needed, and I hope you return to vigor soon.

Les
09-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Family is always a big help at these times.

STRMan
09-13-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm so sorry for your situation. Keep us all posted on your recovery. Nothing but best wishes and prayers from my family.

jflis
09-14-2009, 07:21 AM
More good wishes for a speedy recovery. I like the idea of doing some building to help with your recovery. Heck, it can't *hurt*! :)

And, if you're in the mood for a touch of humor...

My first thought as I began reading your thread (my mind works weirdly sometimes...) was (in my best Dr. McCoy voice) "I'm a doctor damit! Not a doctor..."

All the best from the North East!
jim

sandman
09-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Ken,

I wish and pray the best for you.

Gordy

BEC
09-14-2009, 11:39 AM
My first thought as I began reading your thread (my mind works weirdly sometimes...) was (in my best Dr. McCoy voice) "I'm a doctor damit! Not a doctor..."

All the best from the North East!
jim

Ken,

Prayers for your recovery from the opposite side of the country (Pacific NW). I have to say when I saw the thread title I had the same thought as Jim did....:eek:

cas2047
09-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Ken I'm really sorry to hear this news, but your can-do positive attitude will carry you through and should serve as an inspiration to others.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Frank

jetlag
09-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Ken,
As the above, I, too, send you all the thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Thank goodness Diana is there to lighten the load and help with your therapy.
You have a huge support group here and just down the road. Keep us posted, and let me know if I can be of any help, since I'm a small distance from you!
All the best, my friend!
When you're better, a trip to Orangeburg might be in order; maybe a trip up to SEMROC!
I know those would make me feel better!
Allen

motley16
09-15-2009, 05:38 PM
ALthough I only know you through this forum your pain is felt and not overlooked by me. Your love for this hobby is felt through us all. You have many thinking about you . So stay strong be upbeat and think about better times. You will win this battle you will be better and stonger for it. We rocketeers are pulling for you, get well soon!

AKPilot
09-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Ken, I first heard about this yesterday and I'm so sorry to hear about this. I too wish you a speedy recover and know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

PaulK
09-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Best wishes for a successful recovery Doc. Live throws us all sorts of curves, and hope you get through it ok. We're here if you need to vent/complain/whatever. Hope you can do some building during your recovery.

Mikus
09-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Sorry to hear that. Here's hoping you have a speedy recovery and no further problems.

Mikus

Bob Thomas
09-17-2009, 10:30 PM
I pray for your speedy recovery and rehabilitation. You continue to be a great friend to this community and there are still so many more people for you to inspire and tutor as only you can. Best wishes Mr. M.

Rocket Doctor
09-22-2009, 07:41 AM
I want to Thank all of my fellow forum members for your kind words, thoughts and prayers, they are much appreciated .

Having only one day left to go before I can go home, after 33 days between the hospital and rehab, it will be a wonderful change for me.

I would have never thought that a month ago, how my life would change so much, another life lesson.

Out of all this, I have realized that your life can change instantly, never take anything for granted, and to sit back and evauluate what is going on in one's life.

I must say, this has been an ey opener for me, now, I'm looking ahead to better things, it will be about two months before I can "stand on my two feet again". But, that is what I am working for.

Unfortunately, all of my rocket building is set up in the basement which means many stairs getting down there.

And, having a two story house with most of the essentials on the second floor with fourteen stps, the only practical way of getting up and down is on my butt.

So, once again, Thanks to all of you , much appreciated.

Ken

Rocketcrab
09-23-2009, 07:30 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery, Ken.

Rocket Doctor
11-15-2009, 08:40 AM
I just wanated to update everyone, on Monday the 16th I will be getting my new foot/leg and Wed I start therapy. Hopefully, by the end of the month I will be back on my feet again.

I want to thank everyone who posted their support and prayers

Ken

genimijim
11-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Rocket Doctor, that is good news........got me to thinking about you getting fitted with a leg/foot.....maybe some of the "Craftsmen" on this forum can come up with a multi-function prosthesis.........sanding block, spray gun etc.

Just Kidding........... :chuckle:

Wishing you well in your recovery.

Jim

Rocket Doctor
11-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Maybe a rocket powered leg would be good, less walking, more horsepower.

I was outside the other day with a leaf blower, held in my right hand, at one point, the force was enough to start to spin me to one side, I guess I needed two as a cluster, now I know how it would be with only one motor igniting...

Mark II
11-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Maybe a rocket powered leg would be good, less walking, more horsepower...Absolutely - just like Astro Boy! :D

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2007/03/01/astroboy1307_070301032259136_wideweb__300x350.jpg

MarkII

cas2047
11-15-2009, 08:30 PM
That's great news! Wishing you all the best.

Frank

ghrocketman
11-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Thats great news, Ken !
Sounds like you are keeping your sense of humor throughout your recovery which goes a long way to maintaining a positive attitude.
I can just imagine what that looked like with the leaf blower. Always remember to have your thrust equalized on the centerline !
I wish you all the best in your continuing recovery !