PDA

View Full Version : What's Carl Up To?

Bob Thomas
12-06-2005, 02:09 AM
New format on the Classic Kits page at SEMROC. Without a legend, I can only guess that there are some excellent kits on the horizon........besides the TAURUS (still a favorite, still flying).

Anything ???????

.......from anybody?????

C'mon, somebody knows.

A Fish Named Wallyum
12-06-2005, 02:24 AM
I'd just like to see something that would tell us what the different blocks mean. I can pretty well puzzle out what the checkmark and "HELP" might mean, but the others are a mystery. :confused:

Carl@Semroc
12-06-2005, 03:37 AM
The Legend is available now. It is not entirely accurate, but gives a quick indication of where we stand with the different kits.

The Queue is also available. The ones at the top are getting most of the attention now. The bottom ones will shuffle around depending on demand.

Input is welcome to help make this more usable.

laseradam
12-06-2005, 07:44 AM
Carl,

I have purchased parts to make several clones with your parts. The only thing holding me up on several clones are the fiber centering rings. I have cut them with a circle cutter on several models but that is a pain. Do you plan on selling laser cut centering rings? for example RA-20-50 or maybe a card with several pairs of standard sizes?

ghrocketman
12-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Carl,
I don't see the Enerjet Athena in the queue but all parts but the wrap and decals are available.
Is this supposed to be in the queue and was mistakenly left out ?
I have built one and have parts for another, but would really like to have a "kit" that is factory packaged. :D

A Fish Named Wallyum
12-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Carl,

I have purchased parts to make several clones with your parts. The only thing holding me up on several clones are the fiber centering rings. I have cut them with a circle cutter on several models but that is a pain. Do you plan on selling laser cut centering rings? for example RA-20-50 or maybe a card with several pairs of standard sizes?

Hi Adam. Welcome to YORF. I think I can answer this question for you. YES, Semroc has fiber centering rings. I just finished a Vector V upscale that uses three different sizes. You name it. They've got it. :cool:

Carl@Semroc
12-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Carl,
I don't see the Enerjet Athena in the queue but all parts but the wrap and decals are available.
Is this supposed to be in the queue and was mistakenly left out ?
I have built one and have parts for another, but would really like to have a "kit" that is factory packaged. :DThe decal and wrap are the reasons it is not in the queue yet. The wrap is vacu-form which is still far into the future for us and the decals have not shown up yet. The 8 balsa parts will probably price it too high.

It is a great looking mid-power kit, though.

Carl@Semroc
12-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Carl,

I have purchased parts to make several clones with your parts. The only thing holding me up on several clones are the fiber centering rings. I have cut them with a circle cutter on several models but that is a pain. Do you plan on selling laser cut centering rings? for example RA-20-50 or maybe a card with several pairs of standard sizes?We will have them all. We are doing them in the order they are requested.

In the meantime, the AR-2050 is closest to the CR-79. The BT-20 is .005" smaller than the ST-7 and the BT-50 has the same ID as the ST-9.