PDA

View Full Version : Estes Chute

johnnwwa
11-17-2009, 11:59 PM
I thought this might make an interesting thread. Over the years Estes used different printed chute designs. So here is just one of those designs. This 10" chute came with the Wolverine #0816. Lets see what you have in your collection.

stefanj
11-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Are you sure? That parachute was used by a Cold Power dragster I got as a prize via my paper route long ago.

I may still have it, come to think of it.

Leo
11-18-2009, 01:01 AM
The parachute design was originally done for the Land Rockets kits but it came with many Estes rocket as well e.g. Mini-Brute line.

tbzep
11-18-2009, 07:30 AM
That chute came with my EAC Viper kit. I have two of those chutes, but I can't remember if the second one came with a kit or was thrown in an order as a freebie.

johnnwwa
11-18-2009, 10:45 AM
That chute came with my EAC Viper kit. I have two of those chutes, but I can't remember if the second one came with a kit or was thrown in an order as a freebie.

I'll have to check my EAC Viper (still in the box)to see what chute it has.

Mark II
11-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Well, we all know what the current design looks like. ;)

MarkII

johnnwwa
11-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Well, we all know what the current design looks like. ;)

MarkII
We have white, now red
Gee all we need now is a blue one.

johnnwwa
11-18-2009, 07:48 PM
I'll have to check my EAC Viper (still in the box)to see what chute it has.

I checked same chute. I have a standard design in green and white some where.

SteveA
12-14-2009, 12:24 PM
I purchased an Estes Ricochet yesterday just to give myself something to do last night, and in the kit there was a noticed stating that due to government regulations, they are unable to produce color and designed chutes...What's up with that? A Design-less chute and no color? What fun is that?

Thank goodness I have spares laying around.

GregGleason
12-14-2009, 01:11 PM
I purchased an Estes Ricochet yesterday just to give myself something to do last night, and in the kit there was a noticed stating that due to government regulations, they are unable to produce color and designed chutes...What's up with that? A Design-less chute and no color? What fun is that?

Thank goodness I have spares laying around.

Steve,

Pick up the conversation (http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=5678) at post #11.

Greg

ghrocketman
12-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Seems to me that if Estes could not trust the vendor they use to not use ink that contains lead maybe they should change to a vendor THEY CAN ACTUALLY TRUST !
(Not to mention within OUR ACTUAL COUNTRY TOO...)

mojo1986
12-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Well, since the original intent of this thread was to post photos of the Estes 'chutes in our collections, here goes. Nice old Estes checkerboard, dates to the late sixties/early seventies. This pattern came in 4 sizes............8", 12", 18" and 24". It also came in 5 color combinations.............red/white, red/yellow, black/yellow, black/orange (seen here), and orange/white. Not all of the five possible color combinations were available in all sizes. This particular 'chute is an example of what I refer to as the 'oval-and-orbiter' type, for obvious reasons. An earlier variety had the original Estes logo at the center, which was a stylised spaceship.

mojo1986
12-14-2009, 03:34 PM
Found a photo of the older Estes checkerboard with the stylised spaceship at the center. These date from the mid- to late sixties. Nothing beats bringing your older rockets back on these vintage beauties!

Joe