PDA

View Full Version : Any New News?

Ltvscout
12-05-2009, 09:20 AM
It's been a LONG time since anything has been posted here. Just wondering if the Semroc team has any new kits up their sleeves or if there's been any progress with the motor making end of the business?

Carl@Semroc
12-05-2009, 02:27 PM
It's been a LONG time since anything has been posted here. Just wondering if the Semroc team has any new kits up their sleeves or if there's been any progress with the motor making end of the business?Yes!

Carl@Semroc
12-05-2009, 03:02 PM
It's been a LONG time since anything has been posted here. Just wondering if the Semroc team has any new kits up their sleeves or if there's been any progress with the motor making end of the business?
Both.

We have been busy since NARAM catching up on inventory, trying to release many kits that we have been working on for a while, AND working on the engine machine.

We should be announcing our Christmas sale soon. One new kit slated for early second quarter 2009 has been delayed in committee, but it is finally kitted. It is the most talked about rocket this year. (No, not the Saturn!)

Sheryl has been asking Santa for an engine machine for every birthday, anniversary, Christmas, etc for many years now. Birthday passed again. Anniversary next Monday probably is also going to pass empty handed. Christmas is still possible. We try to reserve each Friday for the engine machine, but bringing money in has priority.

Ltvscout
12-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Yes!
Oh, a wiseguy, hey?

Nyuk, Nyuk, nyuk.

Ltvscout
12-05-2009, 05:41 PM
We should be announcing our Christmas sale soon. One new kit slated for early second quarter 2009 has been delayed in committee, but it is finally kitted. It is the most talked about rocket this year. (No, not the Saturn!)
I'll take a guess. The Orion?

Oh, wait. I know, you finally sourced the CPT-10 and are releasing the long-awaited Payloader II! :chuckle:

but bringing money in has priority.
That's what the money tree out back is for. Don't tell me you've been taking and burning those "leaves" all these years, have you. :D

John Brohm
12-05-2009, 08:55 PM

That would be my guess as well, Scott. Looking forward to that one (and the Saturn, of course!).

kurtschachner
12-05-2009, 09:14 PM

Oh goody! I'm newly unemployed, funded by severance, and I've got lots of spare time!

For a few months that is ;-)

Carl@Semroc
12-05-2009, 11:32 PM
I'll take a guess. The Orion?I wish! Oh, wait. I know, you finally sourced the CPT-10 and are releasing the long-awaited Payloader II! :chuckle:I wish! You would think that 1.00" ID would not be that hard to do. That's what the money tree out back is for. Don't tell me you've been taking and burning those "leaves" all these years, have you. :DIt is really a small money tree. I don't think we are using the correct fertilizer because so far, nothing. Must be the economy or global warming.

chanstevens
12-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Oh goody! I'm newly unemployed, funded by severance, and I've got lots of spare time!

For a few months that is ;-)

Been there, done that. Unemployment was VERY good to my NARAM preparation this year ;) . Thankfully I'm no longer a deadbeat and am just itchin' to start sending Semroc every other paycheck again.

sandman
12-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Been there, done that. Unemployment was VERY good to my NARAM preparation this year ;) . Thankfully I'm no longer a deadbeat and am just itchin' to start sending Semroc every other paycheck again.

Wait, Chan...can I have some? :o

foose4string
12-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Not the Saturn V and not the Orion.....now I'm stumped. It's the most talked about rocket this year and I'm still clueless. But, I think I've gotten used to that feeling. Gemini Titan?(didn't all that Sheri mess start over a Titan rocket?) ;) The Ares 1x?

Carl@Semroc
12-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Not the Saturn V and not the Orion.....now I'm stumped. It's the most talked about rocket this year and I'm still clueless. But, I think I've gotten used to that feeling. Gemini Titan?(didn't all that Sheri mess start over a Titan rocket?) ;) The Ares 1x?It is much bigger than that!

They have been talking about it on all the mainsteam media, blogs, even C-SPAN and Fox News. Big. I have almost gotten sick of hearing about it. :chuckle:

CPMcGraw
12-06-2009, 03:16 PM
It is much bigger than that!

They have been talking about it on all the mainsteam media, blogs, even C-SPAN and Fox News. Big. I have almost gotten sick of hearing about it. :chuckle:

Ares V? Jupiter Direct? Angara? Side-saddle Orion on a Shuttle ET and SRB combo?

Atlas V? Delta IV Heavy?

Unless...

You're talking about the Shuttle itself? That's been talked about quite a bit now that the retirement is fast approaching...

Mark II
12-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Does the new kit include the initials G and T, and the number 3? ;)

(EDIT: Oops, never mind. While I was writing this post, further discussion took place that made my guess unlikely.)

I am part of the "discouraged worker" force. My last period of employment ended 6 months ago. That job had lasted 2 months. Prior to that, I was unemployed for 5 months. The job that I had before that lasted just under 3 months. Prior to that, I was unemployed for 10 months. You get the picture. Hard to believe that once upon a time I actually did work full-time for 26 years straight without a break in employment. And that when I went home every evening, I knew that I would still have a job when I got up the next day. Seems like a million years ago now.

MarkII

Mark II
12-06-2009, 11:21 PM

They have been talking about it on all the mainsteam media, blogs, even C-SPAN and Fox News. Big. I have almost gotten sick of hearing about it. :chuckle:The X-Prize UniversalHealthCareOne? The SPPTO (Single Payer Plan To Orbit)?

The SLS Bail-Out?

Wait, I just figured it out -- the SLS Rogue!

MarkII

SEL
12-06-2009, 11:30 PM

Ahhhh, the 'Goony Tiger' !!!

S.

Mark II
12-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Ahhhh, the 'Goony Tiger' !!!

S.Huh?!?!

Please don't tell me that it has a silvery color and looks vaguely like a UFO-shaped balloon that someone built in a garage... :eek:

(Although, maybe....hmmmm.... ;) )

MarkII

Carl@Semroc
12-06-2009, 11:40 PM
The X-Prize UniversalHealthCareOne? The SPPTO (Single Payer Plan To Orbit)?

The SLS Bail-Out?Now that is getting close!

CPMcGraw
12-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Now that is getting close!

Ahhh!

Virgin territory... :rolleyes:

Properly scaled... :o

A Deuce in the making... :chuckle:

ghrocketman
12-07-2009, 12:00 PM
I REALLY liked Carl's comment about using the wrong "fertilizer" on the money tree; Hilarious !
Hope that motor making machine work is going well.
Really looking forward to burn some Semroc motors in good flavors like B14, 3/4 C19, etc.

Initiator001
12-07-2009, 08:22 PM

How about: "Thunderstorm"? ;) :rolleyes:

Bob

Mark II
12-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Lil' Centauri.

Carl's "clues" were classic misdirection. The soon-to-be released model is anything but "big" and is the last thing that would ever get mentioned in any of the media outlets that he cited.

It's either that or else Semroc has purchased Estes-Cox. ;)

MarkII

Carl@Semroc
12-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Sheryl told me that the Earmark (http://www.semroc.com/documents/pdf/earmark.pdf) was not THAT obvious. I have heard many people talking about it. I thought everyone else had too.

Sorry I misdirected anyone. It was supposed to be released early last April, but we spent our extra change buying those E-C engines! :chuckle:

It will be our free kit for December. Earmarks are being handed out like candy by Congress, so we are too.

Mark II
12-08-2009, 05:55 AM
Cool. We could all use a little stimulus right about now.

BTW, who is your web page designer?

MarkII

Sheryl@Semroc
12-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Cool. We could all use a little stimulus right about now.

MarkII

I am going to brag for Carl since I know he won't. Carl has designed everything we do and you see around here. He really is a "jack of all trades". If he doesn't know how to do something, he reads then does. We have not hired anyone since we have been married to fix or add things around the house, he does that too. He has taught Bruce that if something is broken, it can be fixed. You don't just go out and buy a new one unless you've tried to fix it first.

Sheryl

Mark II
12-08-2009, 08:36 PM

MarkIILook closely at the toolbar in the attachment I posted earlier. :D

MarkII