PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Kosrox Saturn 1b and Mars Lander

rraeford
01-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Everyone,

I found these two kits in my closet. I think I've had them long enough and they need a new home. For those of you who don't know about these kits, they are reproductions of the Estes 1/70 Saturn 1b and Mars Lander. Both are OOP.

Both kits feature laser-cut parts, correctly sized body tubes and assorted pieces, wateslide decals and instructions. Neither kit includes recovery hardware or parachutes.

The kit parts are loose in the mailing boxes I received them in as Kosrox kits weren't bagged.

A few notes about the S1b. The capsule is a one-piece balsa cone unlike the original. The tower is constructed of laser-cut parts and dowel. A decal is added for detail after it is painted. The kit does not replicate the original 4 engine cluster but has a single motor mount (24mm). The fins are also solid laser-cut balsa. No wraps came with this kit but are available from Paul Graf. Follow the url for more info and pictures.

http://www.tela.com/~dtkostron/sat1b/saturn1b.htm

A few notes about the Mars Lander. The shrouds accurately reproduce the outline of this Estes classic but there is no scribed panel detail. It can be added by the builder or left off. Follow the url for more info and pictures.

http://www.tela.com/~dtkostron/lander/lander.htm

If anyone needs a photo of the kits I have please email me and I can provide them.

Asking prices are as follows.

Saturn 1b kit - $100 (includes shipping)

Mars Lander - $75 (includes shipping)

I will consider any offers. If interested, please email me at romie@romzoom.com

Thanks for your attention.

Romie Lucas
Savannah, GA

rraeford
01-09-2006, 08:51 PM
I guess there's not a lot of interest in these since Carl is about to rerelease them in a more authentic fashion (and cheaper). Oh well, I'll consider any offers. They are unique kits.

BTW, I have a few things listed on eBay. A rerelease E-powered V-2 and a Pro Series Jayhawk–if anyone is interesed.

Thanks for your attention.

Romie

rraeford
01-16-2006, 07:53 AM
Well, no luck selling these outright so I'll be listing these kits on eBay tonight.

Search seller name rraeford.

Thanks.

Romie Lucas