PDA

View Full Version : Estes Super Neon XL

Initiator001
02-06-2010, 09:42 PM
So far, the only NEW Estes kit that has interested me is the Super Neon XL.

Now, I'm no fan of the original version, but I do like the SIZE of this model.

I've attached some pictures of the kit.

As others have mentioned, what's with the balsa nose cone?! It's nicely made but on a model this size plastic is a better choice. :rolleyes:

Bob

Bill
02-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Darn! That nose cone does not look like the same shape as the one in the regular Super Neon.

I was hoping to use the XL kit as a cheaper way to get the cone for some serious upscaling...

Bill

Edited: unsubscribed

Mark II
02-07-2010, 02:11 AM
1.64" diameter is too large for a balsa nose cone???

Geez, I had better remember to refrain from posting any pictures of my 1.64", 1.84", 2", 2.34" and 2.6" diameter rockets that have balsa nose cones then! :rolleyes:

MarkII

Shreadvector
02-08-2010, 07:41 AM
So far, the only NEW Estes kit that has interested me is the Super Neon XL.

Now, I'm no fan of the original version, but I do like the SIZE of this model.

I've attached some pictures of the kit.

As others have mentioned, what's with the balsa nose cone?! It's nicely made but on a model this size plastic is a better choice. :rolleyes:

Bob

Balsa = pass testing.

Plastic = risk failing testing and scrapping tens of thousands of dollars in parts or finished product.

As explained by Barry Tunick here last year.

scigs30
02-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Does this mean Scott is going to have to update the Estes nose cone reference sheet? I will post pictures of my Hornet, Photon Probe, and Satellite Interceptor later tonight. I did not buy the Photon Disruptor since I have about 5 of those still.

rokitflite
02-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Does this mean Scott is going to have to update the Estes nose cone reference sheet? I will post pictures of my Hornet, Photon Probe, and Satellite Interceptor later tonight. I did not buy the Photon Disruptor since I have about 5 of those still.

Scigs! You are not finished with the 1979 catalog! F-O-C-U-S!!!

scigs30
02-08-2010, 08:24 PM
I know, I know.... I am trying. I will collect these new kits, but I promise not to build them until I am done with the 1979 catalog.

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Scigs! You are not finished with the 1979 catalog! F-O-C-U-S!!!

:chuckle: