PDA

View Full Version : Rocksim Overhaul Data Files

Slickwilly
02-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Finally done! THIS IS A TOTAL OVERHAUL!!! I got tired of the data files being a jumbled mess so I added lots of new stuff and reworded many older files to make it easier to understand dimensions and styles. I corrected a few dimensional and material type errors also. I alphabetically organized the manufacturers and numerically organized the sizes. Added many mass object files like hardware and electronics. The only problem with this overhaul is when you put the data files in your (newdata or new) folder it will add duplicates and scramble all the info.
Every thing I have edited is the same as what you had just easier to understand.
So to do this right you need to:

1.) Go to your Rocksim data folder.
2.) Create a new folder and name it backup or whatever.
3.) Move all your **DATA files into the backup folder. (Not the engine files.)
4.) Unzip the overhaul files into your (newdata or new) folder that is in your Rocksim data folder.
5.) Start up Rocksim and the overhaul info will be added.
6.) If you have a problem with the new **DATA files working, all you need to do is delete the new **DATA files in your data folder and copy your old **DATA files from your backup folder into your (newdata or new) folder. Everything will be like it was before.

I worked on this for weeks and I think you will really enjoy using the new files.
If anyone has a problem installing, please let me know and I can help you. :)

rangerstl
02-09-2010, 01:55 PM
You're a saint. Thank you very much!

N

Feyd
03-05-2010, 03:51 PM
This will come in *very* handy. Thank you very much!