PDA

View Full Version : Anything new on Semroc Saturn 1B or others ?

ghrocketman
01-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Anybody have any inside (or outside) info/rumors about how the upcoming kits are progressing at Semroc ?
Specifically the 1/70 Saturn 1b, 1/70 Little Joe II and Apollo capsule, Mars Lander, and Aero Dart ?
I've got gift certificates burning holes in my pocket just waiting to be used on these kits !

snaquin
01-26-2006, 05:03 PM
I keep checking the site too. I noticed a bunch of the nose cone images on the site have been changed to line drawings. Perhaps he's making room for more bandwidth to post images of all the new kits :D

ghrocketman
01-26-2006, 10:25 PM
I noticed the change in the nose cones today as well.
I hope these kits launch SOON !

Tau Zero
01-26-2006, 11:26 PM
I noticed a bunch of the nose cone images on the site have been changed to line drawings.So, is it just me, or is this one really... *twisted?* :eek:

http://www.semroc.com/Store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=527

Hmm... :confused:

--Jay

A Fish Named Wallyum
01-26-2006, 11:39 PM
So, is it just me, or is this one really... *twisted?* :eek:

http://www.semroc.com/Store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=527

Hmm... :confused:

--Jay
That's for the new "Tail Chaser" rocket. :eek: ;)

Ltvscout
01-27-2006, 12:58 AM
That's for the new "Tail Chaser" rocket. :eek: ;)
Just so you know, even though he doesn't always post, Carl reads this site daily. I'll bet you'll see a change real soon with that cone pic, unless he has some wacky design for that one. ;)

Just like any other manufacturer, I believe Carl does not want to state a date a kit is due only to not be able to deliver by that date. My guess is he, Sheryl and Bruce are working real hard to make a lot if not all of those kits available at NARCON. Which is just one more reason to attend!

I'm telling you, if you're in the least bit interested in meeting Leroy Piester and hearing him and Betty talk about Centuri, I'd lay a LARGE a lot of money down betting this is your one and only chance in a lifetime.

We're still trying to get the Estes' to come back again as well. If they make it I can almost guarantee this is the only time it will happen again, having the two great superpowers of early model rocketry together.

snaquin
01-27-2006, 08:52 AM
I'm telling you, if you're in the least bit interested in meeting Leroy Piester and hearing him and Betty talk about Centuri, I'd lay a LARGE a lot of money down betting this is your one and only chance in a lifetime.

We're still trying to get the Estes' to come back again as well. If they make it I can almost guarantee this is the only time it will happen again, having the two great superpowers of early model rocketry together.

Come on Scott, ya killin' me man. You're probably right though :(

PaulK
01-27-2006, 05:17 PM

:eek: Oh man, if you pull that off, I'll ride a wheelchair there if I'm not cleared to drive yet! :)

-Paul

Patriot Pilot
01-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Hope it comes out soon, this money is going to burn a hole in my pocket. :(