PDA

View Full Version : Need technical help with a design

Feyd
03-05-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm working on a new design that's been buzzing around my head for a while - it's a rather unusual design and I'm not really sure how to build it in RockSim. I have one part of it built but I don't know how to put the whole thing together. If someone's willing to work with me to evaluate and "build" the design I'd appreciate it.

Here's the basic thought behind the design (it's weird I know)...

Three parts that look like six-shooters with the barrel pointing up. The barrel is inside a larger body tube with the other five bullet chambers and is the engine mount. (Six BT-20s inside a Semroc LT-225220) The other chambers are empty except for nosecones in the front that look like bullets. The fin starts below and behind the "barrel" and looks like a pistol handle. It wraps around the chamber for the trigger guard. A BT-5 below the barrel and in front of the chamber completes the Six-Shooter look.

Now picture three of these arranged so the "handles" look like the fins on a regular TFNC rocket. They're not glued together - they are hooked so they can separate at apogee. Each barrel has a small parachute in the end.

Now for the fun part... at the top of the rocket is a body tube and nose cone shaped to look like a bullet. The three "barrels" fit inside the body tube.

When the ejection charges go off, the four parts of the rocket pull apart and come down separately.

I *think* it will work but I don't know how to create it in RockSim. I have one of the "guns" created. I just don't know how to put the whole thing together.