PDA

View Full Version : The Rocket Collectors Journal

Rocketaholic
02-02-2006, 05:01 AM
Does anyone besides me have any of "The Rocket Collectors Journal" magazine issues?

It was a cool little quarterly magazine that was created by Bob Craddock. The journal ran from 1993 to 1995 I think.
Once I get back to the states I will scan them in an post the issues that I have on my Blog site or elsewhere. I post them in early April.

dwmzmm
02-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Does anyone besides me have any of "The Rocket Collectors Journal" magazine issues?

It was a cool little quarterly magazine that was created by Bob Craddock. The journal ran from 1993 to 1995 I think.
Once I get back to the states I will scan them in an post the issues that I have on my Blog site or elsewhere. I post them in early April.

Never heard of those magazines. Probably because I was AWOL from the hobby and the
NAR from 1982 - 2003!

ManofSteele
02-02-2006, 10:38 AM

Danny Sagstetter was the editor of the "Rocket Collector's Journal", not Bob Craddock. I have a complete set as well. It is something that would make a great website these days.
Matt

Ltvscout
02-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Danny Sagstetter was the editor of the "Rocket Collector's Journal", not Bob Craddock. I have a complete set as well. It is something that would make a great website these days.
Matt
Thanks for making the correction on the author for John, Matt. I have a complete set as well. Unfortunately, at this time Danny does not want it on the web. He is still selling the complete sets since he had them re-printed. I got a set for Christmas 2004 from my mother-in-law. If anyone is interested in buying a set from Danny, let me know and I'll get the info to post here.

Which reminds me, I seem to remember an online NCR plan venture. (as he strokes his chin) :D

Eagle3
02-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Which reminds me, I seem to remember an online NCR plan venture. (as he strokes his chin) :D

Sounds like something to follow up on at NARCON. ;)

tbzep
02-02-2006, 05:04 PM
I can't remember off the top of my head which box I have them stashed away in, so I'll say that I think I have all of them.

Rocketaholic
02-03-2006, 08:49 AM
I would love to get the complete set from Mr. Sagstetter. Any information in order to obtain a complete set would be very much appreciated.

:)

Ltvscout
02-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Here's the info that Larry Rice posted on the OldRockets list back in early 2004 on how to order your own set.

Danny Sagstetter was finally able to access his Juno account
(they had to send him a new XP disc). And called me this morning
prices for everyone. A complete set of ROCKETEER COLLECTOR's JOUR-
NAL's (13 issues plus membership lists as they evolved and other
stuff) is $60.00 post paid (includes postage). Indiviual issues
are $5.00 (includes postage). Please send a money order unless you
want to wait for the check to clear.
Danny also told me that the _hard copy_ of Issue # 14 STILL EXISTS.
This was to have been a sixteen page issue on the Jetex rockets and
airplanes, and the Jetex motors. Danny lost all of Issue # 14 that
he had keyed in to his stolen computer. So he justs needs to re-key
the issue into another computer.
Danny is unsure on how at least Issue # 14 will appear. He will
either submit it to SPORT ROCKETRY. Or have it printed in another
way separately. There's even hope that the articles from the incom-
plete Issue # 15 can be salvaged (including mine, but I did find my
noted from my interviews a few days ago 8) ). Danny or I will let
you know about future issues. In the mean time, run for the store
and get out those money odders for $60.00.

And send them to :
ROCKETEER COLLECTOR's JOURNAL
c/o Danny Sagstetter
2261 Warrensburg Road
Delaware, OH 43015

Rocketaholic
02-03-2006, 01:12 PM
I will get my order headed that way.

Rocketaholic
02-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Unfortunately, at this time Danny does not want it on the web. He is still selling the complete sets since he had them re-printed.

Does Mr Sagstetter still live in Columbus Ohio? The information you posted was from 2004. I am just curious because I had sent money to him before for some back issues (late 90s) and I did not get squat. I just want to make sure that when I send the $60.00 money order that I will be getting what I paid for.

Also will there be a set date when Mr Sagstetter will be posting them on the web?

Ltvscout
02-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Does Mr Sagstetter still live in Columbus Ohio? The information you posted was from 2004. I am just curious because I had sent money to him before for some back issues (late 90s) and I did not get squat. I just want to make sure that when I send the $60.00 money order that I will be getting what I paid for.

Also will there be a set date when Mr Sagstetter will be posting them on the web?
As far as I know he does. You can email Larry Rice and ask him. Larry is a friend of Danny's. larryr33323@yahoo.com

I know of no plan of his to post the RCJ's to the internet.

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-05-2006, 09:35 PM

You'd send him money again? :eek:

Rocketaholic
02-06-2006, 06:00 PM
the $$ back then was for two issues I had missed. Plus I had moved so it may have gotten lost during the move. So I am not sure if it was Mr. Sagstetters fault for that oversight back then.
The Journals were a good thing for reference, so I am all for supporting his project.

:cool:

Rocketaholic
02-07-2006, 04:25 AM
For those interested in getting the journals here is the updated address:

:) Update!

The correct mailing address for the collection of the Journals are:

Send your check to:

Rocketeer Collector's Journal
c/o Danny Sagstetter
2261 Warrensburg Road
Delaware, OH 43015