PDA

View Full Version : Build, Trade, or Sale???

rosko_racer
03-19-2010, 07:44 AM
I have an Estes Honest John kit #2166. It is open and all the parts are in good condition. Got it from a hobby shop in NJ for $55 thinking I would build it but the more I look at it the more I am thinking I am not going to do so. The box is in good condition with a small either water mark or mold (?) mark on a corner (as I remember). Scott (rokitflite) suggested I do an upscale Estes Rocket Club Firecat and sell the rest.

So, I am going to put this out there to see what everyone else thinks. I can:

- sale it (3rd choice)
- trade it (2nd choice) for 1 or two current kits
- keep the NC and sell / trade the parts (1st choice)
- or simply build it sometime in the future

I just want to know your opinion on this one. I may still keep this one but if I get a juicy offer I may let it go. I know these are "a dime a dozen" on Ebay but who knows...

(Note: I am also posting this on TRF...)

Pem Tech
03-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Build it...
:cool:

nvrocketeer
03-19-2010, 10:42 AM
I built a "first edition" of this. It was a nice challenge for then-16-year-old me, and it came out gorgeous.

Build it.

jamjammer53150
03-19-2010, 10:50 AM
But first , scan the instructions and email them to me , I was going to start one last night , but ill be dammed if i can find the instruction sheet

Green Dragon
03-19-2010, 12:08 PM
Build it of course :)

II have an open one in the box, but the top half of the cone came up MIA - so I have a nice used ( partly painted ) nosecone half - so if someone was building one and wanted to swap a new cone for that one, I might be interested in making it worth your while .

( or might kitbash mine, thought of making a upscale Deep Space Transport - Gordy has the decals :) )

~ AL

EchoVictor
03-19-2010, 12:35 PM
I'll second the notion of using the cone to build an upscale Deep Space Transport. That'd be sweet!!! :D

Later,
EV

Ltvscout
03-19-2010, 01:47 PM
But first , scan the instructions and email them to me , I was going to start one last night , but ill be dammed if i can find the instruction sheet
You can get the instructions here:

http://www.spacemodeling.org/JimZ/est1269.htm

That's the same kit, just the original instead of the re-issue.

DeanHFox
03-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Keep it and build an upscale Firecat with it. http://www.spacemodeling.org/JimZ/est0821.htm

That's what I'd do! :)

rokitflite
03-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Keep it and build an upscale Firecat with it. http://www.spacemodeling.org/JimZ/est0821.htm

That's what I'd do! :)

Thank you!

garmtn
03-20-2010, 10:15 AM
hI, tHE "hONEST jOHN" was one of my 1st rocket builds as a kid and brings back fond memories. U have a lot of interesting options and heres another. Straight trade for a "Fake Wulf FW-200". Bag is opened, (took a look @ directions but, all parts there). This is a challenging "Jet/rocket" I'm no longer interested in. Looking for a trade. Glenn NAR 89197 ;)

garmtn
03-20-2010, 10:18 AM
What size BT does nosecone fit? Just bought 3 , that fit BT-55 and might work out a deal for Fake Wulf if u have to keep Nose Cone. Glenn NAR 89197 :rolleyes:

rosko_racer
03-29-2010, 08:58 PM
It has been decided: I am keeping the NC to do an upscale EAC Firecat I am willing to trade or sale the left over parts. PM me with your offer but I already have something in mind I am willing to trade the parts for.

garmtn
03-30-2010, 04:17 AM
Its been a while. Tell me what it is that u have again? I have a "complete" Fake Wulf. Glenn NAR 89197

rosko_racer
03-30-2010, 07:37 PM
I will soon post it on the For Sale section. Thanks to everyone for your input.