PDA

View Full Version : LOC Big Nuke

HighPowerKid
02-04-2006, 05:53 PM
I just bought a LOC Big Nuke. My biggest kit next to my PML 1/4 Patriot. Since Im only 16 and I have an L1, I cant fly it on 54mm motors until summer 2007. Hopfully I can get a few launches on I600's this summer.

I should have photos within the week. Ill post my reports here, as well as questions I may have.

snaquin
02-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Hello Frank and welcome to YORF. You're going find a lot of great guys hanging out here!

I built the 3E version with the electronics bay. I downsized my first flight from 75mm to 54mm with a scratch built adapter for it's first flight.

You may get some ideas for your build from my review at EMRR:

http://www.rocketreviews.com/reviews/kits/loc_big_nuke.html

Good luck with your build! That "bowling ball" motor should get it going :D

(edit: there is also a video of my first flight here)

http://www.2020vertical.com/media/st2005/tb/unk_04.wmv

HighPowerKid
02-04-2006, 06:26 PM
^Nice flight!

I would have gotten a 3E, except i dont have the money. I was actually going to make this kit a 75mm, but I ran into a few problems.

Ltvscout
02-05-2006, 08:34 AM
I just bought a LOC Big Nuke. My biggest kit next to my PML 1/4 Patriot. Since Im only 16 and I have an L1, I cant fly it on 54mm motors until summer 2007. Hopfully I can get a few launches on I600's this summer.

I should have photos within the week. Ill post my reports here, as well as questions I may have.
Frank,

Do you fly at Bong? Do you belong to a club yet?

HighPowerKid
02-05-2006, 09:06 AM
^Yup, I belong to NIRA, but I fly at Bong at least once a month. I know Ill be at MRFF this year. I see your from WHOOSH. I was at Eat Cheese or Fly in 2004.

Countdown
02-22-2006, 10:38 AM
I thought I was losing my mind reading thise thread, the names of the launches are just plain silly....

anyways, that is a really nice kit what did you do for a Motor Mount 54mm and you just adapt down for now?

Ltvscout
02-22-2006, 10:42 AM
I thought I was losing my mind reading thise thread, the names of the launches are just plain silly....
NIRA holds MRFF each year, Midwest Regional Fun Fly, and we (WOOSH) hold ECOF each year, Eat Cheese or Fly. We're in Wisconsin, cheese, get it? ;) Both are high power public launches.

Countdown
02-22-2006, 10:46 AM
NIRA holds MRFF each year, Midwest Regional Fun Fly, and we (WOOSH) hold ECOF each year, Eat Cheese or Fly. We're in Wisconsin, cheese, get it? ;) Both are high power public launches.

Cheese is good but thing that have it on it (nachos, pizza, ect) tend to make me sick becuase I eat wayyy too much at once... so i dont know I think I would have to fly versus eat cheese...