PDA

View Full Version : Skybreaker Launch!!!!!

Feyd
04-08-2010, 10:42 PM
IT WORKS!

I got a chance to launch my SkyBreaker tonight. I was a little apprehensive (especially since I messed something up in the engine mounts and the engines wouldn't slide in all the way). But she streaked off the pad and pretty much straight up into the blue! Came down nicely on the 24" parachute about 150 yards away.

A beautiful sight!

Feyd

Feyd
04-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Oh yea... launched on three D12-5s. I was going to launch on C11s the first time but I forgot to take them with me. Have no idea how high she went because I was running the video camera. It was pretty high I think. Everyone was mightily impressed. I may get a chance to launch again this weekend.

Here are some more launch pictures.

Feyd

CPMcGraw
04-09-2010, 12:44 AM
IT WORKS!

I got a chance to launch my SkyBreaker tonight. I was a little apprehensive (especially since I messed something up in the engine mounts and the engines wouldn't slide in all the way). But she streaked off the pad and pretty much straight up into the blue! Came down nicely on the 24" parachute about 150 yards away.

A beautiful sight!

Feyd

Any cracks in those fins after landing? I think some here were voicing concern.

The launch shot was "most impressive" with that long red flame. Beautiful!

Feyd
04-09-2010, 05:34 AM
No cracks as far as I can tell. If I had to do it all over again I'd make the fins out of something more sturdy like the HPR rockets. But they are at least 1/8" thick.

My wife took the still photos. She's got a really nice Canon digital SLR camera that has a good "sports" mode that can take lots of photos very quickly. I have a video I'll be posting on YouTube probably this weekend.

Thanks for the comment!

Feyd