PDA

View Full Version : Estes Astro Blaster #2073

Kidagain
04-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi all,

I am looking for the Estes Astro Blaster #2073 for purchase. Besides Ebay does anyone have another source?

OR

Is there similar kit or Kits exist?

Thank You,

gpoehlein
04-14-2010, 07:40 AM
The Astro Blaster is OK, but if you can get ahold of a Sweet V, that would be a lot better (I have one, but haven't built it yet - others have told me that it is the best flyer of all the RCRG models Estes ever made). A couple other suggestions: I've been told the Edmund's Arcie II is a great trainer since you don't have to control it during boost (it is an RCBG with pop pod). There is a Colibri model that can be made into an RG pretty easily. One of the people over on TRF turned the foam Stryker into an RCRG by replacing the pusher motor/prop with a rocket motor mount. That might be your best bet since it is readily available and as a delta wing plane, it is also similar to the Astro Blaster.

Greg

tbzep
04-14-2010, 07:59 AM
- others have told me that it is the best flyer of all the RCRG models Estes ever made).

Easily the best. The Stratoblaster had a really heavy plastic fuselage, as did it's ARF counterpart, the Centurion. The Astroblaster is better, but wing loading is still fairly high. The Sweet V is designed much more like the competition RCRG's with lower wing loading for more soaring time.

Kidagain
04-20-2010, 12:45 PM
I found one in Great Britain on EBAY.UK !!! Its delayed by Icelandic Volcano... No Matter I have plenty of current builds keeping me busy.

dlazarus6660
04-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Kidagain,

Here is a link to the Astroblaster plans amd instructions. There is also a PDF file you can download and get full-size plans printed.
I built one a few months ago and I have yet to complete it. Just a little more to do.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1013670&highlight=astroblaster#post11753200

Daniel