PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of my old rockets from the W.N.

Bruce Temple
02-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Just thought I'd share some pic's of the old rockets I had out for the W.N.'s. To windy to fly most of my low power birds, but hoping for low winds for Feb's launch. I always enjoy seeing all your pictures guys.

Cheers, Bruce

Bob Thomas
02-14-2006, 01:40 AM
Although it seems a sacrilege for any rocket not to be pointing skyward! Especially an Interceptor AND a Trident!! Wish I had so many I could run out of room. Great Pics, outstanding colors on the Taurus.

Rocketaholic
02-14-2006, 02:54 AM
I have the Evel Knievel sky cycle myself. I love you collection of rockets, great display.
:cool:

Ltvscout
02-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Just thought I'd share some pic's of the old rockets I had out for the W.N.'s. To windy to fly most of my low power birds, but hoping for low winds for Feb's launch. I always enjoy seeing all your pictures guys.
That's a great collection, Bruce! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Leo
02-14-2006, 08:46 AM
Absolutely gorgeous collection!

Bob Thomas
02-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Do you think Leo likes rockets!

I found his site a while back. Look at the picture gallery and drool! Now I can't post any more pictures until my dinky fleet grows up!

snaquin
02-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Very nice collection!

I also noticed the Skycycle on the edge of the table. I remember flying my freshly built Evel Knievel Skycycle over a drainage ditch by my old neighborhood and like Evel it drifted into the bottom of the ditch and landed right into the slop and was ruined. I should have seen that one coming.

SEL
02-14-2006, 07:14 PM

Cheers, Bruce

Un-be-bleeding-bloody-lievable!!! Beautiful paint jobs, Bruce!

Sean

snaquin
02-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Bruce

What rocket is that in the first image just to the left of the Black Brant with the blue and white finish, USAF decals?

Is that big x-wing the old NCR kit?

Bruce Temple
02-15-2006, 06:37 PM
That's not my whole flying fleet. Just what I had out for the Nat's. I'm just as bad as Leo, and the rest of you guys. Everything is built up's I've redone, open bag kits, damaged lots of kits, and the like.

That is an Estes Defender, and an Estes Maxi X-Wing. I prefer the Estes Maxi to the NCR. The X-Wing just has so much detail you can really get crazy on that kit. Mine has tons of hours in it, and like 11 colors on it now. Still not finished with it. I'd like to weather it too, but been a while since I've used those skills. Think I'll have to practice alot first before attacking that bird. It's one of those kits you tell yourself "it's just to purty to fly" :p

Cheers, Bruce

snaquin
02-16-2006, 01:58 PM
The x-wing looks great Bruce. I'd have to think twice about flying it too since it looks like it belongs in a display case :)

PaulK
02-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Thanks for sharing the pics bruce. A blast to look at. I especially like the nighthawk.

-Paul

Gus
03-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Wow Bruce,

What a fantastically beautiful collection.