PDA

View Full Version : Customer service!

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-17-2006, 05:27 AM
Some of you may have heard me &%*#$ about this elsewhere, but I think it's all new to this forum, so bear with me. I won an ROL auction for a 1/24 scale Bomarc kit from Empire Rockets back in September/October, 2003. It took forever to arrive, allegedly due to some ramjet cone problems, but I finally received it in November of that year. After opening it, I discovered that the ramjet problems were apparently not alleged , but they also still a problem on my kit. They were done as a one piece unit, attached nose to nose, but the dimensions were skewed. One end would slip inside a piece of BT-50 and fall through. The other end butted up against the tube and wouldn't fit. I sent an e-mail and let them know, but got some half written excuse/apology in return. Never heard from them again and after a while I just farted in their general direction.
In the two years and three months since that transaction, I've made sure to tell the story whenever someone asked the "What the story on Empire?" question on TRF. This was done not to trash Empire, but to warn others of my experience. Since 2003 there have been several others who have had similarly unsatisfactory dealings, and several threads have popped up. I made sure to tell my story to all of them.
While I was sick this week a package arrived. I didn't remember ordering anything, but I had been feverish all day and "Cruisin'" by Smokey Robinson had been crashing through my brain all day as I was trying to sleep. I set the package down and went looking for a dark corner to resume dying in.
Yesterday I checked the package. 27 months later, Empire has seen fit to send me a replacement Bomarc.
THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is customer service!
(I'll take some pics later today if I don't relapse.) :rolleyes:

dtomko
02-17-2006, 07:14 AM
While I was sick this week a package arrived. I didn't remember ordering anything, but I had been feverish all day and "Cruisin'" by Smokey Robinson had been crashing through my brain all day as I was trying to sleep. I set the package down and went looking for a dark corner to resume dying in.
Yesterday I checked the package. 27 months later, Empire has seen fit to send me a replacement Bomarc.

That's the power of Smokey!
Personally, considering your experience, I'm surprised that Junior Walker's "Shotgun" wasn't the tune stuck in your head :D

Ltvscout
02-17-2006, 08:23 AM
He sent you a whole new kit? If so, send the "good" ramjet cones to Sandman and he can create two new "good" cones for you. You'll then have two kits.