PDA

View Full Version : Saturn 1B pic up at Semroc !

ghrocketman
02-22-2006, 07:02 PM
Hello all....
The simulated picture for the highly anticipated 1/70 Saturn 1B is now up on the Semroc site.
I think we are getting really close to a launch of all the new great kits !
(S1b, LJII, X-21, Mars Lander, Apollo Capsule, V2, Taurus)

I still want to know when the Aero-Dart will be making it's appearance though....

snaquin
02-22-2006, 07:52 PM
And it's purdy too! I hope it comes out at the same time as some of the others. That way I can spend my $100 gift certificate all at once and get a free Arcon too!

Aero-Dart is on my "must have" list as well as the KF-10 Hustler. Since all of the parts are there for the Hustler I made up a RockSim file using Semroc parts the other night. I may just purchase the parts and cut my own fins. Hustler RockSim file is attached if anyone else is interested.

:)

ghrocketman
02-22-2006, 09:57 PM
I have already cloned the 1972 Enerjet Aero-Dart as well as the Hustler using Semroc Parts.
Let me know & I can send pics.

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-22-2006, 10:15 PM
The Mars Lander and Little Joe pics are also up, as is the X-21 boost glider. :cool:
Oh, Narcon could be EXPENSIVE this year. :rolleyes:

Tau Zero
02-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Oh, Narcon could be EXPENSIVE this year. :rolleyes:(holding head in hands) *Jeez.* How much can I fit into my suitcase, :D ;) and how much of *that* will pass inspection on the airline? :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

--Jay

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-22-2006, 11:36 PM
(holding head in hands) *Jeez.* How much can I fit into my suitcase, :D ;) and how much of *that* will pass inspection on the airline? :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

--Jay

I'm sure we can find a shipping store in town that sells boxes. Failing that, I'll take them home and send them to you.

JRThro
02-23-2006, 09:02 AM
The Mars Lander and Little Joe pics are also up, as is the X-21 boost glider. :cool:
Oh, Narcon could be EXPENSIVE this year. :rolleyes:
It already IS expensive. I'm flying up there from Houston, Texas, for crying out loud.

(And boy will my arms be tired by the time I get to Kenosha.) :rolleyes:

JRThro
02-23-2006, 09:04 AM
(holding head in hands) *Jeez.* How much can I fit into my suitcase, :D ;) and how much of *that* will pass inspection on the airline? :eek: :rolleyes: :confused:

--Jay
Jay, that's why you bring an extra suitcase loosely filled with bubblewrap! :D

And what are you planning to buy other than rocket kits, that won't pass the airline's or TSA's inspection?

JRThro
02-23-2006, 09:05 AM
I'm sure we can find a shipping store in town that sells boxes. Failing that, I'll take them home and send them to you.
I never would have thought of that, which is probably a good thing.

JRThro
02-23-2006, 09:06 AM
And did I really need to use 3 separate posts to reply to Jay and Bill? And a 4th one to comment on myself?

snaquin
02-23-2006, 02:35 PM
I have already cloned the 1972 Enerjet Aero-Dart as well as the Hustler using Semroc Parts.
Let me know & I can send pics.

When we were discussing the EnerJet Sounding Rockets via email you sent me pics of a completed Aero-Dart, an Athena white with a silver nose cone no decals, and a built but not painted Hustler. Your red white and black Aero-Dart with the checker board black white roll pattern looks awesome! I saved the images for future reference.

Did you finish the Hustler?

tbzep
02-23-2006, 04:25 PM

--Jay

I had some good beer up there when I drove up for a wedding. I can't pronounce or spell the name, though. It would definately be worth trying to haul a few sixpacks back. :)

Linencougal? Leininkugal? Whatever it was called, I tried a few varieties and they were all good. I hated the curds, though...I don't care if they do squeek in your mouth. Blaaa.

Ltvscout
02-23-2006, 04:30 PM
Linencougal? Leininkugal? Whatever it was called, I tried a few varieties and they were all good.
Close! Leinenkugel's. Check it out here:

http://www.leinie.com/

It's a mass produced beer, but they make good stuff. I'm partial to Leinie's Red myself.

JRThro
02-23-2006, 06:31 PM
I had some good beer up there when I drove up for a wedding. I can't pronounce or spell the name, though. It would definately be worth trying to haul a few sixpacks back. :)

Linencougal? Leininkugal? Whatever it was called, I tried a few varieties and they were all good. I hated the curds, though...I don't care if they do squeek in your mouth. Blaaa.
Curds in your beer? Um, wow.

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Curds in your beer? Um, wow.

'Roun' here we call that vomit. :p

Eagle3
02-23-2006, 10:18 PM
As of tonight there's a new header graphic for the Taurus page and rocksim files for the V-2, Mars Lander, Sat 1b, and Taurus. :)

PaulK
02-23-2006, 10:41 PM

Mmmmm, beer and cheese curds. Gotta love Wisconsin. Instead of the leinies, try a sprecher or lakefront. Darker beer == more antioxidants. Wait, what was this thread about? Oh yeah, I hope the 1B will be available at Narcon, it would be great to bring one home.

-Paul

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Mmmmm, beer and cheese curds. Gotta love Wisconsin. Instead of the leinies, try a sprecher or lakefront. Darker beer == more antioxidants. Wait, what was this thread about? Oh yeah, I hope the 1B will be available at Narcon, it would be great to bring one home.

-Paul

I was going to ask where you were coming to Wisconsin from, but then I noticed that you're already there. Gotta like it when Narcon comes to you instead of the other way around.
Okay, cheese curds? Are we talking cottage cheese or is this something else I need to seek out and try?

ghrocketman
02-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Steve:
I finished the Hustler, all except for the chrome band above the fins; it is now fully painted; if you want a pic, PM your email to me & I'll send some.
Currenly I'm working on Astron Trident, Cherokee D, and Sky Dart clones, as well as gathering up the parts for an Enerjet 2650 clone.

I will probably soon start on my vintage original 1972 Enerjet Nike Smoke kit. :D
As soon as they are available, I'm going to order a Semroc Saturn 1B, Little Joe II, V2, Mars Lander, X-21, Apollo Capsule, and Taurus. :p

Ltvscout
02-24-2006, 08:00 AM
Okay, cheese curds? Are we talking cottage cheese or is this something else I need to seek out and try?
Everything you wanted to know, but were afraid to ask. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_curds

JRThro
02-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Everything you wanted to know, but were afraid to ask. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_curds
Wow, that actually sounds good!

Can any locals set up a cheese curd hunting/tasting expedition during the NARCON weekend?

Ltvscout
02-24-2006, 08:51 AM
Wow, that actually sounds good!

Can any locals set up a cheese curd hunting/tasting expedition during the NARCON weekend?
This is probably the closest place to where NARCON is being held to buy fresh cheese curds. It's actually close to where Bong is. (No, not the kind Bill smokes, but where we fly HPR!)

http://www.marscheese.com/

The past two NARCON's we held a launch at Bong on Saturday and you'd drive right past the Mars Cheese Castle to get there. This year we're not holding a launch. Too hard to man two areas with members, plus the weather has always been crappy. (Watch it be sunny and 65 this year. :rolleyes: )

Bruce Temple
02-24-2006, 10:40 AM
I can't go to Narcon, but I'd really like to hear Lee speak about Centuri. Would someone record it for me & send it to me. I'd pay for the postage.

Thanks, Bruce

Ltvscout
02-24-2006, 10:53 AM
I can't go to Narcon, but I'd really like to hear Lee speak about Centuri. Would someone record it for me & send it to me. I'd pay for the postage.

Thanks, Bruce
You can order the proceedings CD-ROM online at this link:

http://www.narcon2006.org/online_pay.htm

We will be videotaping Lee's and Matt's presentations and will have it on the CD.

Make sure to send an email to registration@narcon2006.org if using the online form to pay via paypal to give Pavel your shiping address. You can also download this form and mail in payment if you wish:

http://www.narcon2006.org/forms/nf.pdf

snaquin
02-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Make sure to send an email to registration@narcon2006.org if using the online form to pay via paypal to give Pavel your shiping address.[/url]

Does the email to registration@narcon2006.org confirm your order and what you ordered? I did not do this. My email receipt from PayPal shows what I purchased and my address so do I still need to send an email to the registration@narcon2006 address?

Countdown
02-24-2006, 03:02 PM
This means it is getting closer... I should be taking backorders for this soon... with our discounted prices and free shipping how could you resist!.... :)

Ltvscout
02-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Does the email to registration@narcon2006.org confirm your order and what you ordered? I did not do this. My email receipt from PayPal shows what I purchased and my address so do I still need to send an email to the registration@narcon2006 address?
There is no confirmation other than whatever PayPal sends you. I forgot that the PayPal receipt shows your address. So, no need to resend it to Pavel. ;)