PDA

View Full Version : A couple or four things

SEL
02-24-2006, 08:00 PM
2 from SEMROC parts, one original Estes V2 and one V2 from BMS parts. With
any luck these will be assembled and ready to paint by Sunday.

Sean

snaquin
02-25-2006, 09:32 AM
2 from SEMROC parts, one original Estes V2 and one V2 from BMS parts. With
any luck these will be assembled and ready to paint by Sunday.

Sean

I like the Chuter-Two sounding rocket. It looks like you are building the early version without the clear payload tube.

Have you chosen a paint scheme yet?

Leo
02-25-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm just ahead of you :D

Albeit I haven't continued with the Estes kit for over 20 years! :(

http://www.leo.nutz.de/images/rockets/miniv2.jpg

SEL
02-25-2006, 03:57 PM
I like the Chuter-Two sounding rocket. It looks like you are building the early version without the clear payload tube.

Have you chosen a paint scheme yet?

I bought a 18" clear #8 tube from SEMROC with the intention of building the later version too, (or at least taking the lazy way out and building a payload section) just haven't cut it down to size yet.

As for a paint scheme, I don't know. The clear version is the only one I've seen a color photo of - white body, black fins and nose cone with a ~ 1" red/black roll pattern just below the payload joint. I'm still a month or so away from painting season here in OR, so I've got time to think about it

Here are another pair I'm working on: an FSI Nova and a clone made with - you guessed it - SEMROC parts. Along side the clone is a FSI F7, which was a recomended motor for the Nova.

Sean

SEL
02-25-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm just ahead of you :D

Albeit I haven't continued with the Estes kit for over 20 years! :(

http://www.leo.nutz.de/images/rockets/miniv2.jpg

On the other hand, my nose and tail cones are F'nF'd, so I think we're just about even :D
I bought this Estes kit back in '88 from one of George Purcell's postal auctions for $11.00.
The kit was open, and the tail cone had split lengthwise into two pieces. It was a pretty clean break, so it didn't take too much work to glue it back together and fill in the rough spots. I had all the fins and details cut out, but lost them during one of my moves. I'm just now getting around to finally building it.

I seem to be in an 'Assembly Line' mode here - cutting tubes down to length, sanding and shaping fins, etc. Looks like I'm going to have a whole new fleet to lose this summer :rolleyes:

Sean

Bob Thomas
02-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Can't wait for the paint pics. One of my favorite Rockets to paint. When I was younger, I had one in B&W Chex, Grey black White camo and Green camo. Always fun.

By the Way, How did you get the rocket to levitate for the picture, mine just won't listen!!!

Ltvscout
02-26-2006, 06:01 PM
By the Way, How did you get the rocket to levitate for the picture, mine just won't listen!!!
Séance.

:D

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-26-2006, 06:04 PM

He has a daughter named Tabitha. :eek:

snaquin
02-26-2006, 09:08 PM
I bought a 18" clear #8 tube from SEMROC with the intention of building the later version too, (or at least taking the lazy way out and building a payload section) just haven't cut it down to size yet.

As for a paint scheme, I don't know. The clear version is the only one I've seen a color photo of - white body, black fins and nose cone with a ~ 1" red/black roll pattern just below the payload joint. I'm still a month or so away from painting season here in OR, so I've got time to think about it

Here are another pair I'm working on: an FSI Nova and a clone made with - you guessed it - SEMROC parts. Along side the clone is a FSI F7, which was a recomended motor for the Nova.

Sean

Nice Sean. I've never seen a color photo of the early version either and the catalog images were all black for that version.

I like the early Centuri sounding rocket look of the Chuter-Two. Can't wait to see your finished Chuter-Two.