PDA

View Full Version : But then again,.....

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-06-2006, 10:57 PM
....the Saturday launch of my circa 2002 Shrox Icarus was awesome. After the Bomarc debacle, I found myself in a less than risky mood. The Icarus is surprisingly heavy, probably due to the extra paint that I sprayed on it trying to get a color that I deemed acceptable. Since it's somewhat porcine, I chose a C6-3 for this flight. I had Chan press the button so that I could try for a shot of the liftoff, and it just so happened that my position put me in a perfect spot to see the flight as it arced away from me. The cool part was that the day-glo orange that I used on the inside of the "Bussard Collector" was clearly visible throughout the flight, with the motor blasting away just beneath it. A very cool effect. I did manage a picture, but I haven't been all that enthused about cataloging Saturdays shots. I'll try to post them later today. :cool:

SEL
03-06-2006, 11:07 PM
....the Saturday launch of my circa 2002 Shrox Icarus was awesome. After the Bomarc debacle, I found myself in a less than risky mood. The Icarus is surprisingly heavy, probably due to the extra paint that I sprayed on it trying to get a color that I deemed acceptable. Since it's somewhat porcine, I chose a C6-3 for this flight. I had Chan press the button so that I could try for a shot of the liftoff, and it just so happened that my position put me in a perfect spot to see the flight as it arced away from me. The cool part was that the day-glo orange that I used on the inside of the "Bussard Collector" was clearly visible throughout the flight, with the motor blasting away just beneath it. A very cool effect. I did manage a picture, but I haven't been all that enthused about cataloging Saturdays shots. I'll try to post them later today. :cool:

Welcome back, Fish Man!! :D

Sean

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Welcome back, Fish Man!! :D

Sean

Not to sound like a drama queen, but time will tell. (Or more to the point, the postal service.) ;)
Aren't you supposed to put garlic around your mailbox or something? :eek:

SEL
03-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Not to sound like a drama queen, but time will tell. (Or more to the point, the postal service.) ;)
Aren't you supposed to put garlic around your mailbox or something? :eek:

My wife has tried that, but it hasn't worked. Yet.
Might have something to do with the fact that she leaves for work before me and
gets home after me :cool: ;)

Sean

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Shrox Icarus launch pics. :cool: