PDA

View Full Version : Maximus WillHammer

Tau Zero
03-07-2006, 11:55 PM
A co-worker of mine interviewed this guy last month, and I shot the video for her. Unfortunately, that's not available online, but this is:

http://www.worldrecordsplash.com/

He was going to drop a 1/2 scale model off of the Perrine Bridge which spans the Snake River Canyon north of Twin Falls today... but I was too busy wrestling with a new camera to want to try to shoot it. :mad:

(And yes, it's metal.) He says he doesn't need a parachute... because (and I'm paraphrasing roughly), THE LAWS OF PHYSICS DON'T APPLY TO HIM. :eek: (Apparently.) :rolleyes:

Although I keep thinking I need to build a model of this thing. :p ;) :D :cool: (Click on the "Photo Gallery" option.)

Cheers,

--Jay

A Fish Named Wallyum
03-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Boy, did MY family ever miss the boat. "Maximus Eichelberger" has quite the ring to it. Sounds like a German Beer Of Death.
"HO-GAN!"

ghrocketman
03-08-2006, 06:40 AM
I knowww nutheeeeeeeeennngggg !

snaquin
03-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Although I keep thinking I need to build a model of this thing. :p ;) :D :cool:

Cheers,

--Jay

And if your model doesn't eject the chute or nose cone and bores itself straight into the ground you will have a successful (but realistic) flight :rolleyes:

That thing looks like something out of a Road Runner cartoon and Maximus WillHammer sounds like it would be written on the box that Wile E Coyote just received from Acme.

I wonder what the "adjusted terminal velocity" will be?

Tau Zero
03-08-2006, 10:55 PM
I wonder what the "adjusted terminal velocity" will be?I think he may not know the difference between "splash" and "SPLAT!!!" :rolleyes:

Cheers,

--Jay

P.S. Your pic looks mighty fine next to your story in the NARCON program book! ;) :D :cool:

snaquin
03-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Cheers,

--Jay

P.S. Your pic looks mighty fine next to your story in the NARCON program book! ;) :D :cool:

Go ahead Jay, tease me some more ..... I did purchase the program book and cd-rom for non-attendees through the website though.

Maybe I can make the NARCON next year. I hope you guys have a great time!