PDA

View Full Version : MX-774 Kitbash

hcmbanjo
08-09-2010, 09:26 AM
I just finished kitbashing the Estes Bull Pup 12D into a sport scale Corvair MX-774 Hiroc.
I think everybody has an extra Bull Pup kit sitting idle. Finding these kitbash instructions gave me a good reason to build it.

I went back an forth between Mr. A. Roger Wilfong's kitbash directions and the old Centuri instructions.

Mr. Wilfong's kitbash directions are here;
www.spacemodeling.org/JimZ/mx-774.htm

You can see the entire build thread at my blog:
www.modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com

It's very robust built around a BT-55. The kitbash stands at 16 1/2", much taller than the old Centuri kit at 11".

(I know Blackshire is researching a Centuri sized MX-774. This is a different bird, a kitbash and larger model. I didn't want to "hijack" his thread.)

dwmzmm
08-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Looks nice Hans!! :D

rocketguy101
08-09-2010, 12:41 PM
That is very cool! I like it! Have you flown her yet?

hcmbanjo
08-09-2010, 12:47 PM
No, I haven't flown it yet.
It is loaded with a B6-4 for this Saturday's Bunnell, Florida N.E.F.A.R. launch.

It should be stable. It's got the same clay that you would normally load into the Estes Bull Pup nose cone. The clay probably isn't needed, but I didn't want to take a chance.

blackshire
08-09-2010, 11:30 PM
No, I haven't flown it yet.
It is loaded with a B6-4 for this Saturday's Bunnell, Florida N.E.F.A.R. launch.

It should be stable. It's got the same clay that you would normally load into the Estes Bull Pup nose cone. The clay probably isn't needed, but I didn't want to take a chance.I think your MX-774 project *deserves* its own thread. Your paint finish is better than mine! Can it use the same motors as the smaller Centuri MX-774? (I'm curious about how your model will perform on 18 mm "A" motors" and 13 mm mini motors.)