PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Mythbuster Episode

Ltvscout
04-19-2006, 08:57 PM
The episode airing on 04-26 will feature the guys making "Meat Missiles". I figure Bill ought to have a good time with this one. :D

From the previews I saw it appears they're using drilled out salami as a casing for their motors.

Dunno where they came up with this myth?

SEL
04-19-2006, 09:24 PM
The episode airing on 04-26 will feature the guys making "Meat Missiles". I figure Bill ought to have a good time with this one. :D

From the previews I saw it appears they're using drilled out salami as a casing for their motors.

Dunno where they came up with this myth?

I don't know about using one for a casing, but there's an article in an old Tripolitan/High Power Rocketry magazine by some guys who made a hybrid motor (RRS maybe??) using a salamie. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Sean

A Fish Named Wallyum
04-19-2006, 10:50 PM

No way, man. That's sacrilege. Thou shalt not launch thy lunch. (So to speak. :rolleyes: )

Tau Zero
04-19-2006, 11:38 PM

Dunno where they came up with this myth?Lessee, today's topic is... "Airborne Meat."

Um... :confused: (thinking hard enough to explode a blood vessel)...

"When Pigs Fly?" :eek: :o

Grinning, ducking, and running,

--Jay

Eagle3
04-20-2006, 07:36 AM
I believe it was NARAM 35 at Frederick, MD that Gary Rosenfield used a salami for a fuel core when Aerotech introduced their first hybrid motor. I know they were all talking about it in the tent before the launch.

Eagle3
04-20-2006, 07:43 AM
FYI

Hybrids Info Page (http://www.pratthobbies.com/info_pages/hybrids.htm)

Nuke Rocketeer
04-20-2006, 10:42 AM
I believe it was NARAM 35 at Frederick, MD that Gary Rosenfield used a salami for a fuel core when Aerotech introduced their first hybrid motor. I know they were all talking about it in the tent before the launch.

launch or lunch?

Joe W