PDA

View Full Version : Goonies

Chris_Timm
04-20-2006, 04:49 PM
I was going to wait until it was all finished, but you guys are nice folk so here is something that comes from my deep apathy for cutting out fins.

It uses the Quest X-15 laser-cut fins.
It'll need significant nose weight added.
It still needs some extra scrap thrown in, some fill&finish and sanded round edges, but you get the idea.

Besides, I have amassed dozens of Baby Berthas at last winters HL 50% sales and I need to start goonytizing them into something fun to build.

CPMcGraw
04-20-2006, 05:20 PM
I was going to wait until it was all finished, but you guys are nice folk so here is something that comes from my deep apathy for cutting out fins.

It still needs some extra scrap thrown in, some fill&finish and sanded round edges, but you get the idea.

Besides, I have amassed dozens of Baby Berthas at last winters HL 50% sales and I need to start goonytizing them into something fun to build.

You VILL submit!!!...zis drawink to BARCLONE, ya!!!

A Fish Named Wallyum
04-20-2006, 05:40 PM

Beauty, eh! :cool: Great idea. I'm a big Goony fan.

EchoVictor
04-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Chris,

very cool! Now, keeping with your aircraft theme for ideas on what to build with your other Bertha parts....

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=485&highlight=goonyhog

Four words for ya.

YOU. NEED. GO. DO. :D

It's been one of my favorite and most attention-getting birds....

Later,
EV

Chris_Timm
04-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Nice work EV!
I'm gonna build that one this weekend for sure.
A fellow rocketeer built that A-10 glider that was in SportRocketry so I'll bow to the karma of HOG and build it. (yours)

I'll have to start another thread for an OPEN INVITATION GOONY BERTHA CHALLENGE!

See you there over the next few weeks!