PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk Support?

tfischer
10-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Hi,

Since this forum is using vBulletin, is there a chance that we could get Tapatalk support?

www.tapatalk.com

Tapatalk support allows users of iPhones, Android devices, Blackberries, and some Nokia users to conveniently browse the forums with a custom app running on their device. I use it with several other forums with my iPhone and it's very nice and much more convenient than trying to browse the forums with the regular browser.

It's free for the forum administrators, and from what I understand, very easy to install (just a standard plug-in install). For users, depending on your platform, it's free for the read-only app and no more than $3 if you want to be able to post from your phone. Well worth it IMHO.

I'm not connected to Tapatalk, just a very happy user on several other forums and would like to see this one added.

Thanks!
-Tim

Ltvscout
10-24-2010, 04:33 PM
My version of vBulletin will not support it. Sorry.

tfischer
10-24-2010, 06:37 PM
My version of vBulletin will not support it. Sorry.

Thanks for checking. If you ever upgrade vBulletin, please keep this in mind :)

Love your forum and would like to check it on the go as well!

Ltvscout
10-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks for checking. If you ever upgrade vBulletin, please keep this in mind :)
That probably won't happen unless members want to band together to come up with the ~$200 needed for the software.

tfischer
10-24-2010, 06:47 PM
That probably won't happen unless members want to band together to come up with the ~$200 needed for the software.

Probably not worth it just for this, but I'd definitely chip in when the time comes to upgrade.

Or you could just hit up all the vendors :) :p