PDA

View Full Version : Another Ebay rescue

A Fish Named Wallyum
04-28-2006, 09:41 PM
I picked up a partially finished Voyager II on an Ebay auction and it arrived today. I was hoping to to just finish it, but it's in pretty rough shape. It looks kid built, which wouldn't be a bad thing, but the paper fairings are crushed. If I can ger them off I might just clean it up, seal it, paint it, and fly it as is. The decals, face card, and instruction sheet were all included, but they've kind of seen better days. Still a cool rocket and I love that nose cone.

SEL
04-28-2006, 11:02 PM
I picked up a partially finished Voyager II on an Ebay auction and it arrived today. I was hoping to to just finish it, but it's in pretty rough shape. It looks kid built, which wouldn't be a bad thing, but the paper fairings are crushed. If I can ger them off I might just clean it up, seal it, paint it, and fly it as is. The decals, face card, and instruction sheet were all included, but they've kind of seen better days. Still a cool rocket and I love that nose cone.

I'm glad to see that somebody else's keyboard is as dusty as mine :D

Sean

A Fish Named Wallyum
04-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Yeah. I sometimes sneak in a sanding session while I watch a ballgame. Not all of the residue falls into the garbage can. :rolleyes:

mastronaut
04-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Did you get what you think you payed for? I've been seeing Estes Saturn Vs for big bucks... :eek:

A Fish Named Wallyum
04-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Yeah, I'd have paid the same for this one at a flea market if I ran across it. Like I said, I like that nose cone, so the rest is just gravy.

mastronaut
04-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Aahh, god bless the flea market/yardsale, I've found some cool junk poking around... :D