PDA

View Full Version : Saturn V availability

jspitza
12-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Hello all:
Does anyone know if the current Estes Saturn V is a limited edition and if so how long do you think it would be available on the store shelves? I would love to own another as a display model. Take care, Jeff.

BTW I hosed one on the wraps by using regular CA glue and watched the plastic split right in front of my eyes :mad: I use CA constantly in my other plastic model building work and have yet to see this problem happen. I also contacted Estes but have yet to hear back concerning replacement parts.

jamjammer53150
12-30-2010, 02:22 PM
I found good old rubber cement to work well , I also CA'd some 5 thousandthns styrene were the seam would be directly to the tube so i could use plasctic cement to keep it from peeling back

jspitza
12-30-2010, 02:57 PM
That's a brilliant idea-did not know rubber cement would hold a lot of tension. I love Tamiya Extrathin styrene cement-works like magic. Take care, Jeff

Randy
12-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Hello all:
Does anyone know if the current Estes Saturn V is a limited edition and if so how long do you think it would be available on the store shelves? I would love to own another as a display model. Take care, Jeff.

BTW I hosed one on the wraps by using regular CA glue and watched the plastic split right in front of my eyes :mad: I use CA constantly in my other plastic model building work and have yet to see this problem happen. I also contacted Estes but have yet to hear back concerning replacement parts.

The Saturn V is indeed a limited edition but estimated production numbers vary depending on the rumor you're following. As for availability, I have yet to see one at any of the dozen shops we regularly visit and at this point don't expect to. Last time I saw at least 1 in all of the stores in our area.

There is no shortage on Ebay at this time and many online shops are still ofering them + shipping, so you should have no problem acquiring several as long as you don't mind paying full price, which also varies from $79.95-$99.99 + shipping.

As for the vaccu-form fins on the last 2 releases (which I hate) I recommend going to Sirius and getting a resin set. http://www.siriusrocketry.biz/ishop/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=4bbf5a41bb7ed9db0797ee133aaff761&keyword=moldin+oldies+saturn+v+fin

Randy
www.vernarockets.com

jeffyjeep
12-30-2010, 08:06 PM
This stuff works well for me:

jspitza
12-30-2010, 08:40 PM
OMG :eek: Thanks Randy!! And everyone else!

Commonwealth.net
12-30-2010, 09:45 PM
We have 10+ Saturns and UPgrade kits IN STOCK!
Some @ delaer cost !! (try to find them) hint BLOWOUTS

See http://www.cdimodelrocketry.com

Suppplies are limited and production is over as far as I know.
Many are on Ebay and other locations, so getting one should be easy
for years to come.