PDA

View Full Version : Chinese rocket symbol resources? For the Long March series...

AcroRay
01-11-2011, 04:43 PM
My wife got me the SKY Long March 3 (CZ-3A), which is a neat little toy-like kit. And it's neat to have an LPR scale kit from a Chinese company of one of that nation's own rockets. It could use some additional details, though, and would probably benefit from some mission-specific markings.

After a lot of digging around via Google I located some good logo files for the first Chinese lunar probe launch (which was launched on a CZ-3A, but with a slightly-different payload stage, if I'm understanding correctly), but I noticed there are usually a lot of other symbols for what I expect is the Chinese space agency, and other logos used on CZ-3As for other commercial and government satellite launches. I just can't find decent graphic files for them, and nothing really sharp enough to cook up my own. It would be nice to mark up mine with a specific mission.

So my question is: is there a resource on-line for the various logos & etc found on the CZ-3A's? There have been about a hundred of them launched, if what I read is accurate. Occasionally the companies and European agencies contracting the Chinese government for launch will post their logos, but I'm having difficulty finding sharp, accurate references. I've got about 2 dozen various photos, manuals and diagrams, but nothing really sharp.

Can anyone share some links, or point me in the right direction? Thanks!