PDA

View Full Version : Why Lance has gotten nothing done for 6 months...

Tweener
05-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Thought I'd mirror Jay's post here, 'cause I've got him beat. ;) Last fall my wife decided to bring two new cute, cuddly, little kittens into our household. We already had one that is now going on 9 years old, but he's not very playful and inquisitive in his old age. It wasn't long before I found my Big Daddy on the floor one morning with tiny little pinhole-like tooth marks in two fins. :eek: This led me to gather everything in reach that I wanted to preserve and put it into storage. Unfortunatley, I also have no room that can be closed off that is spacious enough to build in. (I normally take an end of the coffee table for each project.) So I ended up putting off all my projects until the little buggers settle down or I can make room in an off-limits place. Still no progress on either front yet. I've got a weeks vacation coming soon, so I'll probably see what I can do about the space problem then. I don't think the kitties are going to cooperate for quite a while. :(

Tau Zero
05-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Thought I'd mirror Jay's post here, 'cause I've got him beat.For the record, Lance, I feel your pain. :o

It wasn't long before I found my Big Daddy on the floor one morning with tiny little pinhole-like tooth marks in two fins. :eek: (Oddly feline growl deep in my throat)

I've got a weeks vacation coming soon, so I'll probably see what I can do about the space problem then. I don't think the kitties are going to cooperate for quite a
while.So good luck with the whole cat exorcism... er, "adjustment," I mean.

As a former farm boy, I laid down the rule that we could only have *one* animal with noticeable manure-producing capabilities (okay, the 3 goldfish don't count) at a time, because my whole lot is 50 x 125... *feet.*

Lemme tell ya. I've been getting pretty nervous about my 9 1/2 year old daughter's current obsession with the Animal Planet channel. (DRAMATIC ANNOUNCER'S VOICE) "Next, on 'Animal Cops: Phoenix!'" (or Houston, or whatever) But she says that's what she wants to do when she grows up, so my wife and I encourage keep encouraging her.

Her 3rd grade classroom *alone* raised $210 for the local animal shelter in honor of the 140th anniversary of the ASPCA. (And *yes,* her mother *insisted* that we put our daughter on television. :rolleyes: )

Good luck, Lance. :eek:

Cheers,

--Jay

Tweener
05-11-2006, 12:23 AM
Here's a couple of pictures of the little "angels", taken not long before the "incident". Left to right are Sohki, Sadie, and Salem. In the second pic you can see the now tenderized (but still launchable) Big Daddy as well as the Mercury Redstone and X-15 and Spaceship One ARFs.

If anyone's curious, Sohki weighed in about 24 pounds at his last check up with the vet. In the waiting room more than one person has mistaken him for a dog at first glance - the double takes are priceless! :D

JRThro
05-11-2006, 07:49 AM
As a former farm boy, I laid down the rule that we could only have *one* animal with noticeable manure-producing capabilities (okay, the 3 goldfish don't count) at a time, because my whole lot is 50 x 125... *feet.*

So... my lot is only 36 x 97 feet, and our cat just had 5 kittens yesterday.
3 black and 2 calico, in case anyone is interested in having a kitten shipped to them.

I think I'm in for some fun times!
:rolleyes: :cool: :eek:

Tweener
05-11-2006, 02:19 PM
... our cat just had 5 kittens yesterday.
Yeah - the jury's still out on that at my house. Salem just had his operation last week, but in the last month we've been catching him "in the act" with Sadie before that. :rolleyes: So far she doesn't show any signs that I can tell. I've got my fingers crossed that we won't be in that situation. I love them all, but three is enough! :eek: I've got rockets to build!!!

Tweener
06-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Case in point....
I was going to take a few pictures of the kit contents of the vintage Saturn V for the project forum. I got as far as setting up the box for a shot when this happened. Had I left the room for a few minutes at that point, the box would have been overturned and shredded. I really need to find a way to make room for a cat-free workspace where nothing will get chewed up. :(

Ltvscout
06-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Case in point....
I was going to take a few pictures of the kit contents of the vintage Saturn V for the project forum. I got as far as setting up the box for a shot when this happened. Had I left the room for a few minutes at that point, the box would have been overturned and shredded. I really need to find a way to make room for a cat-free workspace where nothing will get chewed up. :(
I hear they taste like chicken! :D

Tweener
06-03-2006, 09:45 AM
I hear they taste like chicken! :DScott, are you possibly harboring a stranded visitor from Melmac? :confused:

Ltvscout
06-04-2006, 12:32 AM
Scott, are you possibly harboring a stranded visitor from Melmac? :confused:
Say what?!?

Tau Zero
06-04-2006, 12:44 AM
Say what?!?From http://www.tvacres.com/aliens_puppets_alf.htm

ALF's favorite song was "Help Me Rhonda," the name of his childhood sweetheart. He ate cats, preferring Siamese and Calicos (on Melmac chickens are kept as pets). He had eight stomachs and a body temperature of 425 degrees. One of the first things ALF said when he crash-landed was "How about a snack? You got a cat?" He settled, however, for a cat food can remarking "I can use the roughage."

Tweener
06-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Say what?!?I know the series wasn't a long running one, but I figured most of us "rocket guys" would be pretty familiar with it. ;)

Thanks for the web reference, Jay. "Are you going to finish that sandwich?" :D

Ltvscout
06-04-2006, 10:15 AM
From http://www.tvacres.com/aliens_puppets_alf.htm

ALF's favorite song was "Help Me Rhonda," the name of his childhood sweetheart. He ate cats, preferring Siamese and Calicos (on Melmac chickens are kept as pets). He had eight stomachs and a body temperature of 425 degrees. One of the first things ALF said when he crash-landed was "How about a snack? You got a cat?" He settled, however, for a cat food can remarking "I can use the roughage."
Ah, I never watched ALF.

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Ah, I never watched ALF.

Me either, but I had a buddy who swore by it. Looked a little like him too. He'd start quoting Alf and I'd have to beat him to make him stop.