PDA

View Full Version : Estes OOP Loadstar #1760

nukemmcssret
01-25-2011, 08:30 PM
I have had two of these kits (The Estes OOP Loadstar #1760) and I have lost both of the rockets upper stages. All that is left are two boosters. I am looking for one more kit. I know I can scratch build the upper stage but I would like an original. Anybody know where I can get one? Thanks nukemmcssret :D

jeffyjeep
01-25-2011, 09:19 PM
I have one, bro.

Green Dragon
01-26-2011, 11:22 AM
here are plans and patterns for the rocket:

http://www.oldrocketplans.com/estes/est2022/est2022.htm

The Loadstar was a rebadged and new decals Warp II released mostly in bulk packaging.

Not sure about decal scans, or source of the clear tubing.

I have an unbuilt WARP II missing the payload section, so if anyone has a spare :)

~ AL

jeffyjeep
01-26-2011, 11:27 AM
I've hooked "the Chief" up with a kit!

nukemmcssret
01-26-2011, 11:49 AM
I have one, bro.
Thanks buddy!! Do you remember the submarine cheer? :chuckle:

jeffyjeep
01-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Of course. "Submarines Once! Submarines Twice! Holy Jumpin' Je............................etc."

Bill
01-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Not sure about decal scans, or source of the clear tubing.

The larger size of fluorescent tube protectors are close to BT-60 in size. They can usually be found at Home Depot or Lowes in eight and sometimes four foot lengths.

Bill

raohara
01-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Of course. "Submarines Once! Submarines Twice! Holy Jumpin' Je............................etc."
Mercifully, that wasn't something I ever heard. Knowing how sub bubbas are, I can imagine the lyrics in the "..." are not meant for sensitive ears.

nukemmcssret
01-26-2011, 04:06 PM
The larger size of fluorescent tube protectors are close to BT-60 in size. They can usually be found at Home Depot or Lowes in eight and sometimes four foot lengths.

Bill
I bought the tube protector they work. I could only find the eight foot length. So there is plenty.

nukemmcssret
01-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Mercifully, that wasn't something I ever heard. Knowing how sub bubbas are, I can imagine the lyrics in the "..." are not meant for sensitive ears.

:chuckle: Yes that little sea chant is not for anyone under 18. LOL But it is a doozy. :rolleyes:

jeffyjeep
01-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Yeah. Definitely NOT "PG". :rolleyes:

nukemmcssret
02-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Yeah. Definitely NOT "PG". :rolleyes:
You are correct on that. By the way I have received the package. All is in order. Hope you received the postage. Probably be in your mail box this Tuesday or Wednesday. Thanks again STS1. If I can return the favor anytime let me know. nukemmcssret Chief. :D

RocketBoy 32
02-02-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm sitting here snickering to myself contemplating what a Loadstar would look like with an 8 foot long payload section. Snrk. I'm gonna go fire up Rocksim.

jeffyjeep
02-02-2011, 07:19 PM
You are correct on that. By the way I have received the package. All is in order. Hope you received the postage. Probably be in your mail box this Tuesday or Wednesday. Thanks again STS1. If I can return the favor anytime let me know. nukemmcssret Chief. :D
Thanks chief. I'm on a job in Cleveland this week. I drove out of Chicago on Monday just before all H***broke loose!