PDA

View Full Version : Estes Kit Database - 3 Year Anniversary

gerryfortin
02-26-2011, 05:53 AM
For those forum members who don't typically read the OOP Estes Kit Pricing post due to its length, I do wish to announce that the Estes Kit Pricing Database at www.seateddimevarieties.com reached its 3 year anniversary. It is hard to believe that I've been regularly tracking eBay sales and manually transferring results into a database for this long a period of time. But the results are well worth the effort. Today, I believe the database is a solid pricing guide and has effectively characterized the rarity of unopened Estes kits.

Ltvscout
02-26-2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks for all the hard work, Gerry!

PaulK
02-26-2011, 10:00 AM
I've thoroughly enjoyed the results of your research Gerry; though I'm not much of a collector, I do pick up the occasional kit, so have found the database very helpful. I hope you continue!

Gus
02-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Gerry,

Your database is a truly fabulous resource. The effort you put into it is obvious.

Thanks a bunch, and congratulations on the anniversary,

Steve

gerryfortin
03-04-2011, 05:55 AM
Just arrived home and found a gift from the kind folks at YORF (Gus and Roger Smith) in recognition of the Estes Kit Database 3rd anniversay. The gift is Estes #1469, Young Astronauts Cadet rocket which I remember adding to the database two years ago.

The kind gesture is much appreciated and fills one of the holes in my collection!

Thank you!

Gerry