PDA

View Full Version : Range vests

chadrog
03-14-2011, 05:51 PM
I just picked up a nice lot of safety vests on ebay. They are Dickies brand, lime color, in all sizes. Even "rocketeer medium""(3X). Ten to twelve of them (of fourteen) will be donated to the club. When they get to me, I'll see what can be done to "Woosh" them up. If anyone has any suggestions, by all means throw them out there.

tbzep
03-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Even "rocketeer medium""(3X).
I know I'm not a WOOSH member, but that's funny right there, I don't care who you are! :chuckle:

Rex R
03-14-2011, 09:32 PM
while it is true that Woosh has a few members who are a triffle larger than some of the younger generation(and I'll wager most clubs have a few)...keep in mind that we are a Wisconsin club, those vests may need to go over parkas :).
rex

tbzep
03-14-2011, 09:49 PM
while it is true that Woosh has a few members who are a triffle larger than some of the younger generation(and I'll wager most clubs have a few)...keep in mind that we are a Wisconsin club, those vests may need to go over parkas :).
rex

I'll have to remember that for my middle age spread. :p

I visited Wisconsin a few years ago for an old college room mate's wedding. It was about this time of year and the lakes were still full of ice shacks. I must say that the folks at every stop I made in Wisconsin were some of the nicest folks I've ever met. I was even offered the chance to pilot an ISOC? racing sled after the owner found out I rode motorcycles. If I had been able to stay another night I would probably have taken him up on it and became the first sober Tennessean to crash an expensive race sled in Wisconsin. :chuckle:

Chas Russell
03-15-2011, 10:43 AM
You might consider contacting Stickershock about how well his vinyl decals would adhere to the vests. You could have WHOOSH on one line on the back and below it a launch crew position, i.e. RSO, LCO, Safety Check, Staff, etc. Have at least two of each for the person relieving the position or as a back-up.
Just a thought.

Chas

chadrog
03-15-2011, 03:55 PM
I appologize if my size reference offended anyone, there was no malice intended. I heard that reference somewhere once, and it has stuck with me. I think it's funny. I myself am quite comfy in a "rocketeer small" (2X).
On another note, I too am a big fan of Mark Hayes' work. Got a box from him just this week. Though I'm no expert, I suspect cut vinyl graphics is not the right choice for a mesh range vest.

Rex R
03-15-2011, 04:10 PM
that sounds like a job for a 2-3" stencil & a can of black paint.
then too loose fitting clothing is more comfortable in 90F temps. :)

Joe Wooten
03-16-2011, 06:59 AM
When they get to me, I'll see what can be done to "Woosh" them up. If anyone has any suggestions, by all means throw them out there.

I can't remember where I saw it, but several years ago someone had a vest that had a body tube with fins glued on the back with a nose cone glued to the front, making it look like a rocket had gone through him...... :chuckle:

chadrog
03-16-2011, 07:37 AM
I can't remember where I saw it, but several years ago someone had a vest that had a body tube with fins glued on the back with a nose cone glued to the front, making it look like a rocket had gone through him...... :chuckle:
I often think about making a hat in that fashion.

Joe Wooten
03-16-2011, 10:02 AM
I often think about making a hat in that fashion.

I've also seen a hardhat made that way......

Bill
03-16-2011, 10:54 AM
I've also seen a hardhat made that way......

Something like this? http://www.dars.org/gallery/s4s2001/p10.htm

Bill

jamjammer53150
03-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Hey at least this weekend we can walk on the lake to get the strays inflicted by the pond magnet

chadrog
03-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Hey at least this weekend we can walk on the lake to get the strays inflicted by the pond magnet
Huh?

DeanHFox
03-17-2011, 09:27 PM
I'd spring for the cost of some embroidered patches. Gotta be someone around here somewhere that can quote us a good price on a nice-sized run (standard 4-6 inch jobs with the club logo for regular membership, and maybe something bigger for the vests)...

chadrog
03-17-2011, 10:59 PM
I'd spring for the cost of some embroidered patches. Gotta be someone around here somewhere that can quote us a good price on a nice-sized run (standard 4-6 inch jobs with the club logo for regular membership, and maybe something bigger for the vests)...
That's a great idea. I know a guy with an embroidery machine, I'll check into that.

X-wooshprez
03-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Patches are something that we should do.
I like that.
If you want a stencil for the vests try Jay Rietz.
He can punch stencils at work.

chadrog
03-23-2011, 04:37 PM
I have not heard back from my friend who does embroidery, so I'm going to assume he's not up for it at this time. I'm going to check with a couple local businesses that do trophies and embroidery in the meantime.

Rex R
03-24-2011, 12:20 AM
I will note that, the last time I happened across sewing machines in a catalog...that there are a fair number of machines on the market that can do embrodery pictures(one colour at a time), and some will let you d/l pictures. also note, this was several years ago. this might be a good time to ask the better halves about their sewing machines :).
rex