PDA

View Full Version : Quest Order Arrived

Initiator001
03-26-2011, 05:41 PM
I received my annual Quest order. :D

This brings me current with all the present Quest kit offerings. :)

Now, which one to build first? :eek:

jay
03-26-2011, 06:11 PM
minotaur! :d

guyw
03-26-2011, 06:34 PM
I am about three quarters done with my Planet Probe build. Package was delivered yesterday. It is going together pretty well, but the card stock fins and centering ring where less than flat right out of the bag :( . Other than that, everything was in good shape and not a very difficult build.

Guy.

jeffyjeep
03-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Build the Aerospace One first. It's a real beauty!

Hence:

5x7
03-27-2011, 06:33 AM
I am about three quarters done with my Planet Probe build. Package was delivered yesterday. It is going together pretty well, but the card stock fins and centering ring where less than flat right out of the bag :( . Other than that, everything was in good shape and not a very difficult build.

Guy.

Knock out the planet probe-it's a fun kit. I used a fat sharpie to color the parts so I could build the whole thing in the living room.

Initiator001
04-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Planet Probe it is! :D

I plan to fly it this coming Saturday. :)

Rocketflyer
04-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Planet Probe it is! :D

I plan to fly it this coming Saturday. :)

Cool! (glad I voted, :chuckle: ).

Quad Runner next, right? Right? :D

ghrocketman
04-25-2011, 01:17 PM
I vote for the Minotaur.
It would be nice if they would bring out some of those single-use BP E and F motors they announced a while back. That is one niche in the market that is currently not filled; BP E and F motors (yah we have the Estes E9, but that has less than what I like in lifting ability)
Have not heard anything about those in a LOOONG time.
Hope their fate is more along the lines of the D8/D5 series and not that of their 18mm composite D.

cas2047
04-25-2011, 02:28 PM
It would be nice if they would bring out some of those single-use BP E and F motors they announced a while back. That is one niche in the market that is currently not filled; BP E and F motors (yah we have the Estes E9, but that has less than what I like in lifting ability)

I have to agree with you on the Estes E9's GH. I've never been fond of that engine. Yes it will make a smaller rocket go further, but it will also make a bigger rocket, like my Estes Maxi V2, into a cruise missle. It just doesn't have the lifting ability needed for bigger rockets. I was hoping that maybe Estes or somebody would come out with something in the range of a BP E18...