PDA

View Full Version : AL's been busy

Green Dragon
06-08-2006, 07:15 PM
well, the weather on tuesday was real nice, so got some painting in, just brfoe the storms rolled through yesterday.
got some decals done ( I can rush ahead ont hose, since the white on these has been painted for months, lol ) , and here's the fruit of my labors :-)

Estes Polaris clone ( been working on for years, lol ).

Centuri Zebra II clone ( all vintage Estes parts,as original).

Semroc parts and decals Thunderbird ( thanks to Carl for the freebie decals :D )

Estes Sunbird clone - looks ok in the pics, but the decal scan did not completely clean up and the 'background' showed in the decal, real opaque on the model - might have to try another if I can get better decals.( open to input, lol )

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-08-2006, 08:06 PM
well, the weather on tuesday was real nice, so got some painting in, just brfoe the storms rolled through yesterday.
got some decals done ( I can rush ahead ont hose, since the white on these has been painted for months, lol ) , and here's the fruit of my labors :-)

Estes Polaris clone ( been working on for years, lol ).

Centuri Zebra II clone ( all vintage Estes parts,as original).

Semroc parts and decals Thunderbird ( thanks to Carl for the freebie decals :D )

Estes Sunbird clone - looks ok in the pics, but the decal scan did not completely clean up and the 'background' showed in the decal, real opaque on the model - might have to try another if I can get better decals.( open to input, lol )

Nice. I like the Polaris even though it has UCLA colors. ;) I've had the parts for the Zebra II clone for years. Looks like I need to get started.

Vanel
06-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Very nice rockets, Al! :D

I don't recall the Zebra from the Centuri line - when was it produced?

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Very nice rockets, Al! :D

I don't recall the Zebra from the Centuri line - when was it produced?

Right at the end. It's one of the Centuri kits that's able to be constructed using all Estes parts along with the Magnum Hornet, Spacemaster, Tiger Shark and I believe the Thunder triplets. (Roc, Hawk and Bird.) There are a few others, but I'm not sure which they are right now. :confused:

Green Dragon
06-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Right at the end. It's one of the Centuri kits that's able to be constructed using all Estes parts along with the Magnum Hornet, Spacemaster, Tiger Shark and I believe the Thunder triplets. (Roc, Hawk and Bird.) There are a few others, but I'm not sure which they are right now. :confused:

what Bill said :-)

although I thought the Thunder series used Centuri parts _ I built my Thunderbird clone with Semroc ST10 , not BT 50 .

other tailenders Bill 'missed' include the excellent BT70 Bullpup, and the Magnum Sprint
... which I've been hunting for forever, if anyone has plans or a kit :D
likely a few more other than those, as well.

~ AL

EchoVictor
06-09-2006, 10:27 PM
It's one of the Centuri kits that's able to be constructed using all Estes parts.....
There are a few others, but I'm not sure which they are right now. :confused:

Don't forget the Python Fighter, the elusive third and final model using the PNC-50. That's the trapezoidal-shaped cone that was used on the Attack Craft Orion and Manta Bomber.

Later,
EV