PDA

View Full Version : Semroc Recruiter

A Fish Named Wallyum
04-07-2005, 03:33 AM
Slow night at work tonight, so I passed some time putting the fins on the Semroc Recruiter that I've been working on since just after NARCON. No pics yet, but I should have some tonight. It's a surprisingly compact rocket when it's finished, and the fins went on easily and quickly with gel CA. At this point, it's flyable but for the fin fillets and paint. Too bad I have NO chance of flying anytime soon.

Tweener
04-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Slow night at work tonight, so I passed some time putting the fins on the Semroc Recruiter that I've been working on since just after NARCON.
How can I get a job as Grand Drone and Hired Muscle? I wanna build rockets at work too! :D (Is the pay any good?) ;)

Carl@Semroc
04-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Hey Bill! When I have a slow night at work, I build rockets too.

Tweener. The pay IS building the rockets. Is that good?

A Fish Named Wallyum
04-07-2005, 08:48 PM
How can I get a job as Grand Drone and Hired Muscle? I wanna build rockets at work too! :D (Is the pay any good?) ;)

Nah, but it helps out with child care.
(I didn't think anyone paid attention to the profiles. :o )

Tau Zero
04-07-2005, 11:23 PM
I wanna build rockets at work too! :D (Is the pay any good?) ;)At my last job (in the last several months, at least), I'd clock in at 9 a.m. and if I busted my behind, I'd have everything done by 10:30 and I'd be fighting a nap for the rest of the afternoon. :o

My wife asked, "Wouldn't it be nice to have a job where you used your brain *all* of the time?" In a nearly comatose daze, I replied that I couldn't even *imagine* that possibility.

Five years ago next week (April 16th, to be exact), I got laid off at work since they were capable of delivering CD-quality radio programming "live via satellite" from HQ in Las Vegas, Nevada.

*Now* I work in TV news, and there's hardly enough time to get everything done before 6 p.m., let alone even *thinking* about rockets. --Although I *have* designed a few rockets in my head :D during those long drives to and from Sun Valley, Boise (both 2 hours away, *one way*), etc.

Got another long haul after rolling into work two hours early tomorrow morning. G'night, all!

Cheers,

--Jay

A Fish Named Wallyum
04-08-2005, 02:49 AM
If I remember right, I did the bulk of the actual construction on my Centuri Vector V clone at work. The sealing, sanding and painting were done at home, but all of the construction was done on my desk. Several of the pics I took for the review were taken on my desk here at the office, but I don't think any of them made the actual review. I've done quite a bit of fin cutting and sanding while tending to my printer, and my desk has the scars to prove it.