PDA

View Full Version : "Boom, Boom, Out Go the Lights!"

Tau Zero
06-14-2006, 11:14 PM
Semroc Dude and Beer Skunk should get that "inside" musical reference. ;) :cool:

Sorry things have been quiet from my end. Yesterday we had a wind storm that used a huge tree to take out 4 power lines. The electricity was out at my house for about 8 hours, beginning at 5 p.m.

So after the wind storm, I glued the launch lug on my 1.00X Wolverine. Then a thunderstorm blew in, so I abandoned the glass table under our covered "patio," since the roof leaks something awful.

Then after the sun came out again, I resumed my post and cut out fins for two Excelsior "Love Bugs" for my girls, who are now 8 and 9 1/2. (Bill says if he didn't know they came 15 months apart, he'd think they were twins. ;) ) Try stack-sanding 6 fins cut out of 3/32" balsa! That whole curve thing was *way* interesting.

Next up was a set of outer fins for my Tau Zero Prototype II. (Think of it as the "catalog version.") I sanded a set of inner fins, which turned out to be 1/8" too short when I was done with 'em. ("Back in the parts box with you!" :eek: )

I went to bed about 9 o'clock because it was dark and cold, and the power came back on about 1:00 a.m. I know 'cause I had to get up about then to turn out the lights in the living room and kitchen. ;)

So while I couldn't respond to John's inquiry about spanking the sky, I'll get to that right now. :D :p

Cheers,

--Jay

JSP
06-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Best thing Pat Travers ever did....
Speaking as the long time bass dude for Code Blue (Smokin' Electric Blues from Dallas Texas) ;)

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-14-2006, 11:30 PM
Agreed. They played it last night on XM.
(Never cared that much for "Snortin' Whiskey".)
Pat's a part of "The Voices Of Classic Rock" these days. Him, Mike Reno, John Cafferty, etc. :rolleyes:

JRThro
06-15-2006, 08:09 AM
...since the roof leaks something awful.
Really? Not just water??
:rolleyes:

Ltvscout
06-15-2006, 08:53 AM
Agreed. They played it last night on XM.
XM? Didn't Steely Dan sing a song about them? Something about no static at all. :rolleyes:

JSP
06-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Yeah, the Dan were way ahead of their time!