PDA

View Full Version : Enerjet Nike-RAM KE-1 Question

kenward1000
06-16-2006, 02:13 PM
What were the dimensions and color of it's streamer? I think I've got all the rest of the original parts, instructions, decals but I've got a bunch of streamers and not sure which is which. Thanks.

Ltvscout
06-16-2006, 04:10 PM
What were the dimensions and color of it's streamer? I think I've got all the rest of the original parts, instructions, decals but I've got a bunch of streamers and not sure which is which. Thanks.
I can't answer your streamer size question, but post a pic with all the parts you accumulated for this bird.

ghrocketman
06-16-2006, 09:18 PM
I'm pretty sure the one original kit I saw had a red-orange streamer.
I think Initiator001 may have an original kit but I'm not sure if it has been opened....he can probably answer this most accurately.

Initiator001
06-16-2006, 10:36 PM
I'm pretty sure the one original kit I saw had a red-orange streamer.
I think Initiator001 may have an original kit but I'm not sure if it has been opened....he can probably answer this most accurately.

I can answer part of the question.

The streamer is made of plain-ol' crepe paper as you would find in party supply stores. The width is 2 3/4" and the color is (was, it's faded) orange or red/orange.

The inner box is still wrapped in shrink-wrap so I can't take out the streamer to measure it's length.

HTH.

Bob

kenward1000
06-16-2006, 10:55 PM
I'm camera-less at the moment, but from top to bottom there is the plastic nose cone, upper body tube, balsa plug, eye screw, fishing swivel, shock cord, shock cord mount, lower body tube, engine block, three fins, and the launch lug. There's a sheet of instructions, Centuri decals (no #), Nike-RAM decals (M-332), and a sheet of Enerjet decals (no #), all in a faded box from Centuri. The only thing I can't locate is the streamer.

There's not a lot to this kit. It looks like it could get lost pretty easily on either the E24-7 or F67-14, which is probably why I never built it.

Ltvscout
06-17-2006, 08:18 AM
I'm camera-less at the moment, but from top to bottom there is the plastic nose cone, upper body tube, balsa plug, eye screw, fishing swivel, shock cord, shock cord mount, lower body tube, engine block, three fins, and the launch lug. There's a sheet of instructions, Centuri decals (no #), Nike-RAM decals (M-332), and a sheet of Enerjet decals (no #), all in a faded box from Centuri. The only thing I can't locate is the streamer.

There's not a lot to this kit. It looks like it could get lost pretty easily on either the E24-7 or F67-14, which is probably why I never built it.
Cool. I thought maybe you had collected original parts for it vs having an actual kit that was just missing the streamer.

Initiator001
06-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Ken,

There's not too many people who can say they have an original, unbuilt Enerjet Nike RAM kit! :D

Here's a picture of my kit with the box top/cover removed.

Bob

ghrocketman
06-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Bob,
I know you also have an Enerjet ('72) AeroDart kit.
Would you happen to have an Athena kit ?
I have the Enerjet Nike Smoke and I'm planning on actually BUILDING it !
It is not sealed, but is complete.

kenward1000
06-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Bob, your kit has to set the standard for what NIB really means. Plus that image is a great reference! It reminded me that there is supposed to be a spacer for the engine mount, so one could build it for the F67 but then add a spacer to make the E24 fit. I looked again and found that spacer! I still haven't located the streamer, or that little 'specification' plate, or the mylar band around the upper body tube, or the glue.

Today I also found issue 1 of 'Enerjet News' featuring the new Nike-RAM on the front, a sealed bag of Enerjet ignitors, and one each unused Enerjet E24-7 & F67-14. The invoice says I paid $3.95 for the kit, $3.27 for the F, $1.67 for the E, and 50 cents for the ignitors. That was probably a week's wages for me at the time.

Ken

Initiator001
06-18-2006, 12:17 AM
Bob,
I know you also have an Enerjet ('72) AeroDart kit.
Would you happen to have an Athena kit ?
I have the Enerjet Nike Smoke and I'm planning on actually BUILDING it !
It is not sealed, but is complete.

Sorry, I don't have an Athena. If anyone wishes to sell their unbuilt model, please let me know. :D

Bob

Initiator001
06-18-2006, 07:25 PM
If anyone needs Nike Ram fins, contact Bill at BMS.

I created a Rocksim file and he was able to laser-cut some for me.

They appear to be a perfect match for the original item. ;)

Bob