PDA

View Full Version : This may be a common affliction here...

Tweener
06-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Just read this article, and immediately thought of YORF. :rolleyes:
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2006/06/23/immature_hum.html?dcitc=w01-101-ae-0000
But it's nice to know it's because we're old dogs still capable of learning new tricks. :D

DeanHFox
06-24-2006, 11:05 AM
Heh...well, I'm coming up on 45 this year, SQUARELY in middle age, and I have to confess that my favorite birthday card I ever got (when I turned 40) had a guy my age on a tricycle in a beanie cap, surrounded by toys in his sandbox.

The caption on the face of the card read, "The secret to staying young..."

(and upon opening, read)

"...is to pick an age you like and stick with it!"

I've always preferred about 12 (and my wife would heartily agree!) :)

Neat article --- thanks for sharing!

Aeronautical
06-25-2006, 10:39 PM
hmmmm, interesting.

I'll pick 18, when I get there that is, young, but free of parental controls...and I caan then make rocket candy without my mothers fear that i'll blow up the house, as I'll be at some university doing it instead... :)

DeanHFox
06-25-2006, 11:36 PM
18 was a fun age, too, but by then you have some inkling of what this "being an adult" is all about...and you've probably had at least one job...and you know that people will make you pay for what you want (instead of being able to wheedle it out of Mom and/or Dad)...

And don't even get me STARTED about how long you'll be paying back that "university" you're mentioning... :D :eek:

Trust me. Stick with 12. Ever so much more fun. ;)