PDA

View Full Version : Second SAM contest

Carl@Semroc
05-29-2011, 11:14 PM
This is our second contest for SAM members. The rules are even simpler than the first. To enter, visit our site and login to your account before we draw the winner on May 31, 2011 at 2:00 pm. We will draw from the entries and send a $50 gift certificate to the winner.

Tim, you have to cash the first one before you get another! :chuckle:

tbzep
05-30-2011, 12:48 PM
I had a bunch of stuff in my cart, but it's disappeared! :eek:

johnnwwa
05-30-2011, 01:00 PM
I placed two orders ,I hope that counts :)

John

Carl@Semroc
05-30-2011, 01:24 PM
I had a bunch of stuff in my cart, but it's disappeared! :eek:How long had it been sitting there? If it was started over 30 days ago, the cart is considered abandoned and all the stuff is put back on the shelf. Like at a grocery store. :D

If it was less than 30 days, :confused:

tbzep
05-30-2011, 01:28 PM
How long had it been sitting there? If it was started over 30 days ago, the cart is considered abandoned and all the stuff is put back on the shelf. Like at a grocery store. :D

If it was less than 30 days, :confused:

It was started over 30 days ago, but I made some changes and added stuff earlier this week. :confused:
I'm re-stuffing the cart now. :p

Carl@Semroc
05-30-2011, 01:42 PM
It was started over 30 days ago, but I made some changes and added stuff earlier this week. :confused:
I'm re-stuffing the cart now. :p
I checked and it uses the create time rather than the last updated time.

jharding58
05-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Hey Carl. Glad to see the new kits coming and being well received! I am being asked to update information on the home page. I this to validate access during the contest period?

Carl@Semroc
05-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Hey Carl. Glad to see the new kits coming and being well received! I am being asked to update information on the home page. I this to validate access during the contest period?
You are validated! It does ensure that the visit was logged, but many have not updated their NAR expiration or YORF name.

Carl@Semroc
05-31-2011, 09:14 AM
Only 52 of the 169 SAM's on this forum have stopped by our site this weekend!

Login, check your NAR expiration date and other vitals, then hit "Update" to make sure your visit is logged.

Drawing is in four hours!

johnnwwa
05-31-2011, 09:28 AM
Only 52 of the 169 SAM's on this forum have stopped by our site this weekend!

Login, check your NAR expiration date and other vitals, then hit "Update" to make sure your visit is logged.

Drawing is in four hours!

Hit Update?

I made the change went to the bottom and hit next...... Where is the update button?

then it took me to my placed orders page.

SEMROC home page is still asking for update account information.

John

Carl@Semroc
05-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Hit Update?

I made the change went to the bottom and hit next...... Where is the update button?

then it took me to my placed orders page.

SEMROC home page is still asking for update account information.

John
It is "Next" instead of "Update". I was looking at the administrator version of that page. :(

Carl@Semroc
05-31-2011, 01:32 PM
The winner of the second SAM contest is .......... RocketGirl!

Congratulations!!

Thanks to the 71 SAM members that participated. The random number generator picked a number between 1 and 71 which was 4. The 4th to the last person to visit was Carol, so she is the winner of a $50 Gift Certificate for Semroc merchandise.

Watch for the third contest coming up. It will be different.

sandman
05-31-2011, 01:43 PM

Congratulations!!

Thanks to the 71 SAM members that participated. The random number generator picked a number between 1 and 71 which was 4. The 4th to the last person to visit was Carol, so she is the winner of a $50 Gift Certificate for Semroc merchandise.

Oh, sure! I was probably the 4th person to visit but you decided to go...in a different direction. :rolleyes:

Carl@Semroc
05-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Oh, sure! I was probably the 4th person to visit but you decided to go...in a different direction. :rolleyes:
You made me look...

I started the weekend on Friday 27. You were the first (or 71st) depending on sort direction. If I had done a reverse sort, Chris_Timm would have been 4th. Of course, if a few had not hit update in the last few minutes and changed the order, ghrocketman would have won. And if the random number generator had a different seed, and if .....

ghrocketman
05-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Grrrr.....
I just KNEW I was supposed to win this one...
Thanks a lot to those that updated in the last 5 minutes.... :chuckle:

Actually, all joking aside, congrats to RocketGirl !

RocketGirl
05-31-2011, 02:15 PM

Congratulations!!

Hey, that's me!! Yay!! I'm so excited!

Thank you VERY much!

Carol

jeffyjeep
05-31-2011, 05:51 PM

Congratulations!!

WITCHCRAFT!! WITCHCRAFT!!! Carl weighs the same as a duck!!!

jharding58
05-31-2011, 06:30 PM
Aha! So are new competitions only open to those that have not previously won a competition or do not have the decoder ring?

Earl
05-31-2011, 07:54 PM
WITCHCRAFT!! WITCHCRAFT!!! Carl weighs the same as a duck!!!

At least no one was turned into a newt! :chuckle:

Earl

Feyd
05-31-2011, 08:01 PM
They got better...

Earl
05-31-2011, 08:15 PM
They got better...

Still, the big question: African Swallow or European Swallow?

(Geez, this could get out of hand quick!) ;)

Earl

jeffyjeep
05-31-2011, 09:30 PM
It has already.

Carl@Semroc
05-31-2011, 09:45 PM
I just walked away a few hours and I am totally lost.

"I am not a witch, but Elvira plays one on TV."

I was trying to see if this thread could be split into multiple ones, but they made even less sense. Maybe after a few hours of sleep, I will understand. (..but I sure hope not.)

Mark II
05-31-2011, 09:53 PM
You aren't the only one, Carl! Must be a private joke... :confused:

jharding58
05-31-2011, 10:55 PM
Imagine making horse hooves noises with hollowed out coconut shells?

DaveR
05-31-2011, 11:02 PM
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

Carl@Semroc
05-31-2011, 11:27 PM
I'm not dead yet. :chuckle: But MPHG was years ago!

Feyd
05-31-2011, 11:58 PM
With all of the movie quoting going on here (well at least all from *one* excellent movie) I just had to throw this one in...

Funny Movie Quoting (http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=1023)

I have it posted on my cubicle wall at work...

If you have the spare time (yea right) read the whole thing. It's very long but well worth it. Especially if you've every played (or are playing) Dungeons & Dragons and/or love the Lord of the Rings books/movies. But don't blame me for the loss of sleep :D

Enjoy!

Earl
06-01-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm not dead yet. :chuckle: But MPHG was years ago!

No, no. It will NEVER die!!!!

By the way, what's your favorite color.......?

Ok, I'll stop.

(But, it is good information to know what the air speed velocity of a laden swallow is. You just never know when you'll need to know such trivia as that)

;)

Earl

jeffyjeep
06-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Imagine making horse hooves noises with hollowed out coconut shells?
Are you insinuating that coconuts migrate?

Mark II
06-01-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm embarrassed to admit that I have only watched that movie once, and even then, only parts of it, not the whole film. So I can only pick up some of the references. It also takes a bit of context to realize that it is what is being referenced, because my sole viewing of it was so long ago. Thanks for the coconut shells clue.

jeffyjeep
06-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Unfortunately, I saw that silly movie so many times in the navy I could probably reenact the whole thing with sock puppets.

sandman
06-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Unfortunately, I saw that silly movie so many times in the navy I could probably reenact the whole thing with sock puppets.

Funny, that's just what my neighbors wife does. :rolleyes:

jeffyjeep
06-02-2011, 09:02 AM
So I've heard! :D

Feyd
06-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Have you seen this?

Monty Python & The Holy Grail in Lego (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIXByCAIzos&playnext=1&list=PLB3FD091F48ECDF18)

:chuckle:

Feyd
06-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Have you seen this?

Monty Python & The Holy Grail in Lego (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIXByCAIzos&playnext=1&list=PLB3FD091F48ECDF18)

Actually, there are some good ones on YouTube and some not so good ones. But it's fun to watch in any case :)

PaulK
06-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Unfortunately, I saw that silly movie so many times in the navy I could probably reenact the whole thing with sock puppets.My daughter walks around the house quoting this stuff, while wearing these (http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/8148/?itm=monty_python_rabbit_slippers&rkgid=276360604&cpg=ogty1&source=google_toys&gclid=CIPs8ZzFmKkCFYS8Kgod8hgutg). I'm not making this up!

jeffyjeep
06-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Rats! I would love a pair of those, but they don't have my size (14EEE.)

You know what they say about guys with big feet don'tcha?

It's true.

Big shoes.

Feyd
06-02-2011, 08:27 PM
My daughter walks around the house quoting this stuff, while wearing these (http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/8148/?itm=monty_python_rabbit_slippers&rkgid=276360604&cpg=ogty1&source=google_toys&gclid=CIPs8ZzFmKkCFYS8Kgod8hgutg). I'm not making this up!

Yea, at least you're raising her right! Great movie and great website! Now you just have to get her to watch The Princess Bride! Another great movie for quoting - and great swag in the ThinkGeek store!

jtaylor
06-07-2011, 05:25 PM

Congratulations!!

Congratulations Carol!!! That is awesome!