PDA

View Full Version : Estes Pro Series Jayhawk

rraeford
06-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Did the patterns and plans for the Estes Pro Series Jayhawk ever get posted?

Romie

Ltvscout
06-26-2006, 04:13 PM

Romie
Not yet, but I'll try to put something together for you and email it to you tonight or tomorrow. John Brohm was able to send me everything except decal scans.

hawkshobby
06-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Not yet, but I'll try to put something together for you and email it to you tonight or tomorrow. John Brohm was able to send me everything except decal scans.
I have been looking to get my hands on this. :D :D :D

Mark

barone
06-26-2006, 08:24 PM

Scott,

If you need decal scans, I think I've still got mine laying around. Let me know and I'll go look for them.

Don
NAR 53455

Ltvscout
06-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Scott,

If you need decal scans, I think I've still got mine laying around. Let me know and I'll go look for them.

Don
NAR 53455
Yes, I do need them. Thanks, Don. I got the fin patterns you sent the other day.

Ltvscout
06-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Ok, here's a direct link to a pdf of the plan/template set. Will add the decals once Don has a chance to send them.

http://www.oldrocketplans.com/estes/est2085/est2085.pdf

The plans are courtesy of John Brohm.

These plans are not up on YORP yet. You can only get them via this direct link.

A Fish Named Wallyum
06-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Ok, here's a direct link to a pdf of the plan/template set. Will add the decals once Don has a chance to send them.

The plans are courtesy of John Brohm.

These plans are not up on YORP yet. You can only get them via this direct link.

You forgot to say "ACT NOW! SUPPLIES ARE LIMITED! NO RAINCHECKS WILL BE ISSUED!" :rolleyes:

barone
06-26-2006, 11:38 PM
........Will add the decals once Don has a chance to send them.

Scott,

Emailed you scans. Both 200 dpi and 300 dpi. Browns don't show up too well in the 300 dpi, at least not on my computer.

Don
NAR 53455

hawkshobby
06-27-2006, 12:25 AM
I down loaded myself a copy. :)
now if I can just use this to help come up with a model of this. Firebolt (http://www.yellowjacketsystems.com/jimball/ctimm/firebolt.htm) :D

Mark

Ltvscout
06-27-2006, 09:01 AM
Ok, Don Fent sent me scans of the decals. If you've already grabbed the PDF re-download it here to get the updated version:

You'll need to make an adjustment to part of the decals color-wise though. Don said that part of them are brown but the brown scanned as black. Here are the parts that need to be brown according to him:

The long rectangle under NAVY in the first decal should be brown and the two rectangles in the second decal should be brown.

Maybe Don can chime in letting us know what shade of brown. I'm assuming dark brown since it scanned as black.

rraeford
06-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Thanks for posting this. A huge help.

BTW, this kit uses an odd sized tubing. Anyone know of a source for it? I measure the OD as 2.5". If anyone knows a source, please share.

Romie

JSP
06-27-2006, 10:34 AM
I have the original kit (built) and the only brown decals are the three that make up the 5/8 inch band around the middle. The green bands look darker on mine, by the way. The shade of brown is pretty much a milk chocolate shade (maybe a half shade darker, but not much) Hope this helps!
This is one of my favorite models, by the way. I picked it up unbuilt for $5.00 at a Goodwill Store about 10 years ago... You never know where you'll find cool stuff....

barone
06-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Maybe Don can chime in letting us know what shade of brown. I'm assuming dark brown since it scanned as black.

Don't know what shade you would call it, but the attached scan is at 200 dpi and shows the correct color.

Don
NAR 53455

Ltvscout
06-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Don't know what shade you would call it, but the attached scan is at 200 dpi and shows the correct color.

Don
NAR 53455
Don,

I didn't use the 200dpi scan in the pdf because at least on my monitor, I'm not really seeing a brown there either. ;)

CPMcGraw
06-27-2006, 02:32 PM

Don
NAR 53455

I'm looking at the scan on an NEC FE771SB (17" CRT, Trinitron-type) here at work, and there is a distinct color difference. It is a chocolate brown, not as in dark chocolate, but in a dark milk chocolate, slightly olive green if you look at it too long...

On future scans, try using a resolution of 300 DPI instead of 200 DPI. Most of the scans on JimZ and YORP are this density.

Ltvscout
06-27-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm looking at the scan on an NEC FE771SB (17" CRT, Trinitron-type) here at work, and there is a distinct color difference. It is a chocolate brown, not as in dark chocolate, but in a dark milk chocolate, slightly olive green if you look at it too long...

On future scans, try using a resolution of 300 DPI instead of 200 DPI. Most of the scans on JimZ and YORP are this density.
The scans I put in the PDF are 300dpi.

barone
06-27-2006, 05:22 PM

Craig,

The 300 dpi scans came out black. I already had the 200 dpi scans from a previous scan. Must have used a different scanner then. I'm using an HP now but it's just not reproducing the color correctly.

Don
NAR 53455

Ltvscout
08-28-2006, 08:51 PM
This one is now officially online at YORP. For those of you that downloaded the file from this thread, you'll want to go to the site and get the new files. I'll get better decal scans sent to me by Don Fent tonight. The scans we thought were 300dpi were only 200dpi. The new scans are 300dpi, plus you can see the brown better.