PDA

View Full Version : I have some transfer for your account...

pantherjon
06-07-2011, 07:58 AM
A new Nigerian scam? I almost spit out my coffee from laughing when I read this!! :chuckle:

Wish it WERE true..$25million would sure be nice!LOL

GROUP EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
FOREIGN & DOMESTIC OPERATIONS
HSBC BANK
44 Feildway Dahgnam
Essex Rm82be United Kingdom
bedwell.acct@w.cn
TEL: +44-702-403-5568

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Hon. Allan Bedwell, Director of operations from the (HSBC BANK,)
London Branch. My office monitors and controls the affairs concerned
with foreign claim payments.

I am the final signatory to any transfer of huge funds moving out of our
Bank to another Bank, both local and International levels in line with
foreign claim settlement. I have before me list of funds which has been
declared unclaimed deposits and over-invoiced sum, which could not be
transferred to some nominated accounts as these accounts have been
identified dormant.

I am contacting you because I want this fund to be transferred into their
account as the beneficiary of the said funds, on this note; I wish to have
a deal with you as regards to your unpaid funds. I have all the necessary
documents required in the file to make this transaction a smooth and
successful transaction.

As it is, my duty to recommend the transfer of these surplus funds to the
Federal Government Treasury and Reserve Accounts as unclaimed deposits, I
have the opportunity to write you based on the instructions I received two
days ago from the Foreign Debts reconciliation dept. to submit the List of
payment reports/ expenditures and audited reports, I have decided to remit
total of $25,000,000.00to your account if we can have a deal/agreement.

My conditions are:

1. The sum of USD$25.7M only will be transfer into your account after the
processing of all relevant legal documents on your name as the bona-fide
beneficiary; the funds will be released to you only by. Certified
International Bank Draft or Telegraphic wire Transfer (T/T), confirmable
in your account within 7 working days.

2. The transaction will be highly confidential for security reasons and
all correspondence will be strictly by email / telephone, for security
purposes.

3. There should be no third parties as most failed transaction was caused
by third party or representative.

If you AGREE with my conditions, l advise you on what to and the transfer
process will commence immediately as I will proceed to fix your name on
the Payment schedule instantly so that the funds will be in your account
within the next 7 working days.

I hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithful.

Mr. Alan Bedwell.

foamy
06-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Heh. It's Allan in the first sentence and Alan on the sig. You'd figure he or his secretary would know which way to spell his Honor's name.

jadebox
06-07-2011, 08:37 AM
BTW ... there are more sophisticated versions of those scams that you need to watch out for (and warn others about). The scammers are now using information obtained from public sites and stolen from hacked sites to send personalize messages. Sometimes the messages came from, or appear to come from, a person you know. So, be suspicious of every request form help or money that comes by email.

-- Roger

foamy
06-07-2011, 08:44 AM
BTW ... there are more sophisticated versions of those scams that you need to watch out for (and warn others about). The scammers are now using information obtained from public sites and stolen from hacked sites to send personalize messages. Sometimes the messages came from, or appear to come from, a person you know. So, be suspicious of every request form help or money that comes by email.

-- Roger

Yep. I got an email from an ex-fiance, saying she had been robbed in England and the police weren't doing much about it and she needed money to pay her hotel bill and for a flight back to the U.S.

I haven't spoken to her in twenty years and got one (1) email from her about ten years ago. That's some serious phishing.

CPMcGraw
06-07-2011, 11:50 AM
HSBC Bank...

Think it possibly means "Holy **** & Bull Crap" ???

They must be loaded! :D

mycrofte
06-07-2011, 08:52 PM
I got one like that asking me to go open an account they could transfer money to. It was part of some job offer as a manager of some sort...

I like the U.N. compensation fund too!. They keep saying they are giving me money for something.

I posted on Facebook not long ago that if they gave me any more money, I'd have to get another bank to hold all the money...

hcmbanjo
06-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Hey, now I was invited to the party!

This is from a Princess and she needs my humble assistance.
It mentions God and blessings so it's got to be legit!
She promises the transaction is 100% risk free.
She states: "She was happy to see my contact." She sent it to my Odd'l Rockets mail address, so I trust her even more.
I can't wait to get her picture. If she's not wearing a tiara, I won't send her any more bank account or Social Security numbers.
Wow, a princess! Does this make me a prince? It's a rocket nerd's dream come true, better than a cheerleader!

HELLO & Greetings to you.
I am writing this letter in confidence believing that if it is the wish of God for you to help me and my family, God almighty will bless and reward you abundantly and you would never re-great this.

I am a female student from Burkina Faso University Teachings Hospitals (BUTH) Burkina Faso , Ouagadougou . My father died earlier eight months ago and left I and my junior brother behind. He was a king, which our town citizens titled him over sixteen years ago before his death. I was a princess to him and my mother is not literate enough to know my father's entire wealth.

He left the sum of USD $4.350.000.00US dollars. In a security company, this money was annually paid into my late fathers account from the Gold mining company and Colton processing Company operating in our locality for the compensation of youth and community development in our jurisdiction.

I don't know somewhere in abroad to invest the money so that my father's kindred will not take over what belongs to my father and our family because I’m a female according to our African tradition.

Now, I urgently need your humble assistance to move this money from the security company to your bank account that is why I felt happy when I saw your contact because o strongly believe that by the grace of God, you will help me invest this money wisely. I am ready to pay 20% of the total amount to you if you can help us in this transaction and another 10% interest of annual after Income to you, for handling this transaction for us, which you will strongly have absolute control over. If you can handle this project sincerely and also willing to assist me in lifting this money to your country, kindly reach me.

Please, note that this transaction is 100% risk free and I hope to start the transaction as quick as possible, I will send you my photograph as soon as I hear from you
Yours sincerely,
Princess. faith nana

Princess NaNa, it just gets better and better!

Cohetero-negro
06-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Thing is, they wouldn't do this scam if it didn't work :(

J

jeffyjeep
06-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Hallo! This is Peggy!

Doug Sams
06-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Thing is, they wouldn't do this scam if it didn't work :(

JI was thinking about this yesterday. We used to use expressions like "you got a 1 in million chance". Well, with the storage capacity and internet bandwidth available to ordinary users now days, it's not that hard to hit a million email accounts. Which means that when a scammer sends his bogus message out (to a million email accounts), he's gonna find at least one recipient naive enough to take the bait.

Doug