PDA

View Full Version : Just saying Hello

Grimracer
09-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Just stopping in to say Hi and looking forward to coming over some time and flying with you folks.

All the best.

Grimracer

A Fish Named Wallyum
09-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Hello, Mike. Be strange, but not a stranger. ;)

Rex R
09-15-2011, 03:08 PM
hi mike. we do have a launch planned at Bong this weekend...not entirely sure but this might be the last hpr launch till January. lpr and mpr launches are year round :).
rex

Grimracer
09-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Thanks dudes,

I just might have to try talking my little red head into taking a ride this weekend.. If I can pull this off we will some how end up in Kenosha.. hum.. And I might have a rocket or two in the trunk.. hum.

Slim chance but what the heck.. a dude has got to try!

Grim

Ltvscout
09-15-2011, 04:00 PM
hi mike. we do have a launch planned at Bong this weekend...
Don't say Bong around Bill! Especially on his birthday. ;)

A Fish Named Wallyum
09-15-2011, 07:42 PM
Don't say Bong around Bill! Especially on his birthday. ;)
Dave's not here, man. :cool:

Grimracer
09-16-2011, 01:49 PM
aha.. chicken nuggets.....

Red head says not this time.. But when she talks I listen.. its a RULE! she layed out for me some 26 years ago in trade for hot dinners.. still working!.. lol

Post a report of the launch when over please!

Grim

Rex R
09-16-2011, 03:00 PM
had a feeling that it was kinda short notice...still nothing ventured, nothing gained. if you would like to know our launch schedual there is a link to the woosh event calendar from the home page here; http://www.wooshrocketry.org/
hope you have a good weekend.
rex

Grimracer
09-16-2011, 03:35 PM
huge thanks...

Looks like the weekend is gettin busy...

Good flying

and likewise ours
http://ciarocketry.org/

Grimracer

Rex R
09-18-2011, 01:09 AM
flew my upscale goblin on a G64-7w (that was nice) and my Wac Corporal on an H148-m Redline. both of which managed to stay of of the trees :), chatted with a number of folks, and took no pictures.

Grimracer
09-18-2011, 10:43 AM
that sounds like a perfect day of flying.. congrats

Grimracer

X-wooshprez
10-04-2011, 11:06 PM
I took some video but haven't yet found the time to download any of it.
The wildman sold us leftover Wild Child kits from LDRS for $30 each.
Many people bought them. If you wern't there you missed it because it was an onsite cash money deal only.
I built mine right there with CA and flew it out of my tower on an F40-7.
If I hadn't installed my radio tracker in it I'd have never found it. The grass is pretty dense out in the field.
Sunday we were goaded into flying out Wild Child's on G250 Vmaxx motors in a drag race.
Mine ejected the motor casing and took a core sample. No damage. I love fiberglass rockets.

carbons4
10-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Im not sure if I am in the right place on this but I wanted to get the word out in case people have not heard. I guess the D O T is trying to get rid of special permit DOT-SP 7887 that is a waver that allows model rocket motors to be shipped as a flamable solid. They want to change it to EXPLOSIVE. This will really hurt the hobby. Years ago they tried this and the work of Lonnie Reese,(my boss at the time), Vernon Estes, Myke Berginski , and several others in the NAR and education community came together to help them see some common sense. Contact the Manufacturers and any schools that have a science program still that shoots model rockets.
Nobody has ever been hurt from this and if it changes it will hurt our hobby.