Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   AeroTech F67 Economax motors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17157)

Initiator001 03-14-2018 01:10 PM

AeroTech F67 Economax motors

2 Attachment(s)
The new AeroTech F67 Economax motors are NAR certified and available. :)

Back at NARAM-48 I had discussed with Gary Rosenfield the possibility of AeroTech producing Enerjet kits and motors with Enerjet designations (E24, F52, F67).

While this discussion did not bear any fruit at the time I am glad to see that the F67 is now available once again. ;)

During NARAM-60 I am planning to make an 'Enerjet' flight. :D

Royatl 03-14-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001

Back at NARAM-48 I had discussed with Gary Rosenfield the possibility of AeroTech producing Enerjet kits and motors with Enerjet designations (E24, F52, F67).

While this discussion did not bear any fruit at the time I am glad to see that the F67 is now available once again. ;)

But it's not a no-smoke progressive thrust motor! At least its delay and ejection probably work.

astronwolf 03-14-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
But it's not a no-smoke progressive thrust motor! At least its delay and ejection probably work.

Yeah well...They got away from Flexane-60 AP motors a while ago I suspect. It's not your grandfather's F motor. But it is a shippable 60 N-s F motor. Nice. That's the cool part.

SEL 05-03-2018 10:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001

I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere: the F67-6’s have the California Registration Mark blacked out, but the -4’s don’t. Anyone know why? Are the -9’s CA certified?

Initiator001 05-03-2018 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere: the F67-6’s have the California Registration Mark blacked out, but the -4’s don’t. Anyone know why? Are the -9’s CA certified?

I have a pack of each F67 motor delay type.

The -4 and -9 show the CA seal.

The -6 does not.

Bob

ghrocketman 05-04-2018 06:46 AM

Another idiotic over-reaching California law nobody needs....

Shreadvector 05-04-2018 10:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It is "Classification", not "Registration".

The CSFM classifies pyrotechnic devices. If they are classified as Model Rocket Motors, then the laws and regulations related to that classification of pyrotechnic device apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL

ghrocketman 05-04-2018 12:42 PM

Shouldn't be any classification or registration. Baloney and nonsense.

SEL 05-04-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL

Sorry, the -4’s have the classification and the -6’s don’t.

SEL 05-04-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEL
Sorry, the -4’s have the classification and the -6’s don’t.

Which still begs the question, why would the -6’s be excluded?