Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Grab 'em by the Proboscis. Mosquito TK-1, #0801 (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17055)

Overeasy123 01-03-2018 05:34 PM

Grab 'em by the Proboscis. Mosquito TK-1, #0801

5 Attachment(s)
Yeah, that's them. With the balsa cones. I better load up a fresh #11 in case the laser-cut fins don't just fall out. You know, I'm automatically attracted to Bill Simon designs. I just start modeling them. It's like a magnet. Just model. I don't even wait. And when you're a YORF Member, they let you do it. You can clone anything.

ghrocketman 01-03-2018 05:51 PM

That's a whole lotta 'skeeters !

jeffyjeep 01-03-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
That's a whole lotta 'skeeters !

Hear! Hear! That’s more ‘skeeters than the U.P. In August! (Eh!)

ghrocketman 01-04-2018 02:49 AM

They have Mosquitos the size of small birds in the U.P.

jeffyjeep 01-04-2018 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
They have Mosquitos the size of small birds in the U.P.

...and they’re twice as voracious!

foamy 01-06-2018 07:17 AM

A veritable swarm!

neil_w 01-06-2018 08:57 PM

I guess I have to be the one to ask: why so many?

Overeasy123 01-06-2018 11:09 PM

Why so many, Neil? You think it's equal parts Masochism (that's a lot of fillets) and an Ideological Failing with Hillbilly Underpinnings (I can't swing a Corvette, but I can collect a half-dozen cracked-block Chevettes, in my front yard!)?

Mostly a case of the parts having been so cheap from NC Semroc, I bet. And, they are adorable. I'm curious to see what a swarm of 'em look like in the classic design with varying colors. Although not the most visible colors, I want a couple in white with the single fin in metallic aluminum.

As I'm getting a break in the gelid weather this week, I'll get the cones doped and fill spirals with primer.

jeffyjeep 01-06-2018 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overeasy123
Why so many, Neil? You think it's equal parts Masochism (that's a lot of fillets) and an Ideological Failing with Hillbilly Underpinnings (I can't swing a Corvette, but I can collect a half-dozen cracked-block Chevettes, in my front yard!)?

Mostly a case of the parts having been so cheap from NC Semroc, I bet. And, they are adorable. I'm curious to see what a swarm of 'em look like in the classic design with varying colors. Although not the most visible colors, I want a couple in white with the single fin in metallic aluminum.

As I'm getting a break in the gelid weather this week, I'll get the cones doped and fill spirals with primer.

I had to look up the word “gelid”. I learned a new word today!

ghrocketman 01-07-2018 01:37 PM

I'd refrain from flying the white/silver ones if you hope to keep them.