Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Scale & Sport Scale Rocketry (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   What Are You Actually Building? (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=9563)

MarkB. 07-06-2011 10:38 AM

What Are You Actually Building?

Hey, the design studies are neat, but how about what is everybody actually building scale or sport-scale right now?

I'm repairing a Centuri Saturn Ib, scratchbuilding a Shenzhou, and collecting parts to build a lightweight Sputnik before October.

And don't forget the pictures!

foamy 07-06-2011 10:54 AM

A "scale-like" Arcon. Taking the Semroc Arcon Hi and making it look like the working rounds (or non-working—depending on your point of view) in photos. Thanks to some help from folks here on YORF.

Construction to begin this week. Photos when there's something to see.

CF-105 07-06-2011 12:35 PM

Sport-scale-ish Black Brant IV. Booster section is 2.6" PML tubing, sustainer is 38mm Loc tube. The transition, which is also the sustainer stabilization, is giving me grief... maybe I'm just being fussy...

Bill 07-06-2011 05:50 PM

I was hoping to get a Zooch Mercury-Redstone done in time for the celebration on Sunday at NARAM. Almost had a disaster when the glue started to grab early when joining the two main body tubes together. Now am hung up on the need to paint that tube before applying the wraps. It has been too humid for too long. Guess I should build the tower in the meantime and I can paint that with a brush indoors.

Bill

kevinj 07-07-2011 08:22 AM

Terrier-Malemute, two staged. Terrier is T-20 based, and Malemute is coupler stock.

kj

qquake 07-07-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB.
Hey, the design studies are neat, but how about what is everybody actually building scale or sport-scale right now?

I'm repairing a Centuri Saturn Ib, scratchbuilding a Shenzhou, and collecting parts to build a lightweight Sputnik before October.

And don't forget the pictures!

Where are your pictures?

Doug Sams 07-07-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB.
What am I actually building? Well, nothing for NARAM. And it's not even a rocket. But I just knocked this out in my rocket shop.

Some friends of ours recently had another baby, and they've been funneling baby food jars my way. (I use them for storage in the garage.) I decided, to pay them back, I'd build them a storage rack like I have. I just got the finishing touches put on this last night. It includes 42 baby food jars. Just what everybody needs for keeping track of all those nuts and screws used in rocketry. I use just about every SAE screw size there is up and beyond 1/4-20, so having something like this is super handy.

Doug .

qquake 07-07-2011 04:45 PM

I've seen parts organizers with baby food jars before, and even made a couple, but never this fancy. It looks great!

X-RayLizard 07-07-2011 06:40 PM

hehe, well for my first post here...

An Estes Vagabond. Minus the supplied fins...dont really care for the shape. Just doing a std trapezoidial 3 finner.

Almost everything else will be per kit, except shock cord.

Would post a pic, but the workbench is wayyy to cluttered with other stuff.

It's my first Rocket since... a long time... oh about early 90's, I guess.

jharding58 07-07-2011 10:46 PM

Semroc S1-b
Estes M-31 Honest John clone
Estes 1/100 S-V (2)
Apogee 1/70 S-V
Pershing 1a (2)
Estes GT-3 clone (2)
Nike-X clone (2)