Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   FreeForAll (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Gotta ask... (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=13220)

Randy 12-12-2013 10:54 AM

Gotta ask...

Ok, I've never really cared before, it is what it is, but in light of the current meltdown at TRF I've gotta gotta ask:

1. Are there any similar plans for ads, sell off/takeover at YORF?
2. If it exists, and I've just missed it, please forgive me for asking here, but is there a list of moderators for YORF?
3. How many of the YORF mods are also mods at TRF?

Just curious.

Randy
www.vernarockets.com

shrox 12-12-2013 11:06 AM

I guess I pulled the pin. I don't like obnoxious ads.

bernomatic 12-12-2013 11:10 AM

I'm just worried that the high quality of posters here will be diluted by those fleeing from that other place. :rolleyes:

Randy 12-12-2013 11:21 AM

Still, you raised some good points and for the most part I'm not seeing many answers there, from the powers that be and that raises a red flag.

Much of what got it all started could have been prevented if a simple statement had been made before the changes began, saying what they would be and why. It would be very easy to say "It's mine, I can do what I want" and that's true enough, but if you want the people who have been loyal to you over time to continue on, then letting them in on what's going on would go a long way toward acceptance of new things.

Randy
www.vernarockets.com

shrox 12-12-2013 12:18 PM

I think it very strange that some people are just so willing to accept the wrongdoings of others, and I am shocked at how dense people can be when wrongdoing is articulately explained to them!

Covering signatures and copyrights, then claiming you own the material is just wrong.

Rex R 12-12-2013 12:30 PM

methinks that, the OP might get a quicker answer to their original question if it were posted here; http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16 rather than the Woosh forum...and possibly the rest of the discussion could have gone into the 'Free for all' section.
Rex

Rich Holmes 12-12-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrox
I think it very strange that some people are just so willing to accept the wrongdoings of others, and I am shocked at how dense people can be when wrongdoing is articulately explained to them!

Covering signatures and copyrights, then claiming you own the material is just wrong.

I'm mostly in agreement with you, but... the TOS issue that was being discussed was an assertion of non-exclusive right to reproduce posted stuff without permission or compensation. Which is bad enough, but not so bad as "claiming you own the material". And in any case no such change to the TRF TOS has happened. Yet.

The situation's bad enough, no need to claim it's worse than it is.

shrox 12-12-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Holmes
I'm mostly in agreement with you, but... the TOS issue that was being discussed was an assertion of non-exclusive right to reproduce posted stuff without permission or compensation. Which is bad enough, but not so bad as "claiming you own the material". And in any case no such change to the TRF TOS has happened. Yet.

The situation's bad enough, no need to claim it's worse than it is.

If it went to court, they would bring the TOS that gives them the most claimed rights. In that TOS they claim ownership.

I am going to slowly move away from TRF. I haven't burned a bridge, they put up a toll booth.

Rich Holmes 12-12-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrox
If it went to court, they would bring the TOS that gives them the most claimed rights. In that TOS they claim ownership.

I haven't seen such a TOS... where is it?

shrox 12-12-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Holmes
I haven't seen such a TOS... where is it?

It was mentioned in Austin's first post.