Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Model Rocket History (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The NAR 60th Anniversary Rocketeer Reunion (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17428)

Blastfromthepast 08-06-2018 09:20 AM

The NAR 60th Anniversary Rocketeer Reunion

Hi, all,

This past Saturday night, I had the privilege of attending the NAR 60th Anniversary Rocketeer Reunion in Pueblo, Colorado.

What an event!

Rather than post details here on the forum, I invite you to visit on my blog where I will be posting a series about the reunion over the course of the next couple of weeks. Please see the link below.

Cheers.

AstronMike 08-06-2018 09:58 AM

Neato!

Just visited your blog site, and I'm impressed, I do believe that I'll be reading yours like I do Chris'. :cool: Can't wait to hear and see your updates about NARAM stuff, too bad CO is way too far for me to drive.

Liked your stuff about the MPC Lunar Patrol. Yea, small delta wings ARE difficult to trim, and do get tossed in any real wind. So, that's why I only make BIG ones now! :eek:

Did make a BT-70ish upscale of this like 30 years ago, one glider flew GREAT, but the other was warped just enough to throw it off. No amount of 'Astron' ingenuity could make that one better :o

Blastfromthepast 08-07-2018 08:34 AM

Been very busy the last couple of days at the keyboard doing write-ups. Four posts on the blog with many more to come. Enjoy!

Blastfromthepast 08-07-2018 08:35 AM

AstronMike
Thanks for checking out the blog.
Do you have any pictures of your up-scale LP? Would like to see that one!

Blastfromthepast 08-09-2018 08:54 AM

Hi, All,

Lot's of new material posted on the blog about this event.

I''ve got enough pics and stories to keep it going well into next week!

If anyone has more anecdotes or pics to add, please post them in replies, post them here on the forum, or PM me and I can add the material in subsequent blog posts (with source credits, of course!)

I would like to make the series into a more comprehensive archive of the event.

Please enjoy!

ghrocketman 08-09-2018 10:37 AM

Thanks for sharing this info.
Like your blog.

Blushingmule 08-09-2018 03:58 PM

Reunion...

Edward,

It was good to meet you at the reunion.

Great blog by the way!

Bob

Blastfromthepast 08-15-2018 08:29 AM

The blog series is now complete...put up the final post this morning!

Jerry Irvine 08-20-2018 03:57 PM

The reunion was awesome and also overscheduled.

Royatl 08-20-2018 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
The reunion was awesome and also overscheduled.

Overscheduled?

The 50th reunion, held at John Langford's Aurora Flight Systems, definitely felt different than this one, probably due to everyone being ten years younger back then. The more populous east coast vibe, and it being in an open hangar, also helped. The remarks, pretty much from the same group of people (Bill, Vern, Lee) or NAR positions, seemed shorter. I talked to pretty much everyone I wanted to talk to then; not sure what the difference was this year, but I didn't see Tom Milkie though he was there. Had a photo of him flying a 3-E5 rocket glider at a launch in Athens, GA in '73 or 74 John brought him to, that I wanted him to autograph.